can you mod 360

The place to ask your questions about the Xbox 360
genno
Peasant
Peasant

can you mod 360

Post by genno »

can you mod my 360?, cause I am running sort of a problem with my system I bought this SATA PCI contoller for some reason it's not working right . by the way I am running MS28 I even download your tutorial, plus the PCI card that I bought it only design up to widows XP I am running vista. I followed evry step of the tutorial but when it comed to DOS it won't let me go there, the error message was there's no drive found. I really need your help you might propably give me a hand I am really newbie when it comes to this subject but I am trying though. I just don't want my investment went to a waist, coz I bought this DVD DL plus I bought this DVD drive that can read 360 games and also this SATA PCI card pls. help dude. thanks in advance.
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Re: can you mod 360

Post by CoFree »

ok man
1st iprep works in vista.once you make your boot flash then that is the end of vista.
2nd if i under stand right you did get the computer to boot in dos on the usb flash drive.

you should be at the point where you are going to type in idump 1234567 12345 (that being your ser #)
if you are using one of the older iprep.
if you are using the new iprep v005 or v006 then you will type in dsam 1234567 12345 (that being your ser #)

after that if you are not seeing
xtreme pri master then stop right there.your computer is not seeing the 360 dvd drive.there are many reasons why that could be.

bad sata cable
bad sata card
computer just won't see the drive.this does not happen often but it does happen

Here are some things you should try.
try a different sata cable
try a different sata card
try a different sata port on the sata card(if more than one)
try a different pci slot in your computer
try a different computer.(i know what a pain)

just to let you know the first one i did drove me crazy.i tried everything and it would not give me xtreme pri master.
i took my sata card and sata cable to jmans computer installed the stuff and what do you know it run perfect for us.
i had a old hp computer.i picked up a old dell 4600 and it flashes good.

by the way it was sadalius that worked with me for a good week trying to help and without him i would have quit.

if you need anything just ask
"FIGHTING TYRANNY in a TECHNOLOGICAL NOTTINGHAM"
No Questions by PM.
genno
Peasant
Peasant

Post by genno »

can you mod my drive if you have time I will pay, & were you located by the way, thanks for responsing, your a good man
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by CoFree »

check your pm
No Questions by PM.
RogueDog22
Peasant
Peasant

Post by RogueDog22 »

I read in another forum that sometimes on the first try it doesn't show up and that if you try it doing it again it should show the 3rd drive. I'm not sure if this will help or if I'm totally correct, being that I don't have any experience at this at all other than the few hours of research I just spent on a couple of forums. Hope it can help though.
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by CoFree »

the hardest part for me was getting the computer to see the dvd drive.
ive not heard that before if it sees the drive fine if it dont then there is something that most be done/changed before the computer will see the dvd drive.
you have to try different things till you get it.
No Questions by PM.

Return to “Beginners”