AVR Key?

darrenp76
Bandit
Bandit

AVR Key?

Post by darrenp76 »

I just bought a new PS3 with 3.40 firmware and I'm looking to setup it up with an AVR Key. I have been researching this for 2 days now and I still can't figure out how to do this. I have Flip to program the AVRKey, I have the Kakaroto PL3 hex, Backup Manager and Gala Manager.

I can get the AVRkey into program mode, but I can't get Flip to recognise it. I'm not sure what I am doing wrong. The only thing I can think of is Windows 7 installed it on its own and didnt ask for a driver. Is that the problem? Also will I need to upgrade to 3.41 or can I stay at 3.40. I know 3.42 and up is off limits

I've been trying to find a tut on the AVRKey but I cant find one. ANY help with this is much appreciated. thank you. :D
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Re: AVR Key?

Post by CoFree »

man
i need more info
where did you get the usb board from
and all info you have
"FIGHTING TYRANNY in a TECHNOLOGICAL NOTTINGHAM"
No Questions by PM.
darrenp76
Bandit
Bandit

Post by darrenp76 »

i bought it from here: https://www.modchipcentral.com/store/av ... a-usa.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I read that to get it into program mode you have to power it on 3x in 2 seconds. The LED turns from red to blue after the 3rd to indicate it is in program mode. But when I try to use flip to see it, it comes up with an error message = Atlibubsdfu.dll not found
darrenp76
Bandit
Bandit

Post by darrenp76 »

Just to add, that .dll file I found it in the same folder as the .exe for Flip
ebtank
Possible Ally of Robinhood

Post by ebtank »

darrenp76 wrote:I just bought a new PS3 with 3.40 firmware and I'm looking to setup it up with an AVR Key. I have been researching this for 2 days now and I still can't figure out how to do this. I have Flip to program the AVRKey, I have the Kakaroto PL3 hex, Backup Manager and Gala Manager.

I can get the AVRkey into program mode, but I can't get Flip to recognise it. I'm not sure what I am doing wrong. The only thing I can think of is Windows 7 installed it on its own and didnt ask for a driver. Is that the problem? Also will I need to upgrade to 3.41 or can I stay at 3.40. I know 3.42 and up is off limits

I've been trying to find a tut on the AVRKey but I cant find one. ANY help with this is much appreciated. thank you. :D

You will need to uninstall the driver that windows automaticity installed to do this go to control panel hardware and sound then device manager and delete the drivers then insert the dongle 3-4 times in your computers USB port. When it enters into update mode, the red and blue LEDs will be lit up on the dongle windows will ask you to install drivers Click on "Locate and install driver software (recommended)
To locate the driver, click on "Browse my computer for driver software.Once you have FLIP downloaded, browse to where FLIP is located on your computer.Windows Security may pop up with a warning message saying it can not verify the publisher. Ignore this and click on "Install this driver software anyway"

Then open up flip software click: device > select atmega32u2 as your usb board. Click: Settings > Communication > USB then click Open. The program should then display the information. Click: File -> Load HEX File..., then find the HEX file you want to load and press OK. Check if the file file name is correct, then press RUN to program chip.
After programming, check if Verify PASS is checked then,You have now
successfully programmed your AVR KEY

AND YOU WILL NEED TO UPDATE TO 3.41 CAUSE 3.40 IS NOY CURRENTLY SUPPORTED
darrenp76
Bandit
Bandit

Post by darrenp76 »

Windows 7 just installs it automatically and calls it a "USB Input Device". When I go into Device manager to change the driver, it tells me it has the latest driver or the driver I want to use isn't compatable with Win 7 x64. When it recognises it it reads "bootloader", then once windows installs it its called the USB Input Device. Im assuming the problem is windows isnt letting me install the right driver. Is there a way to fix it?
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by CoFree »

win 7 only let you install signed drivers
it will give you trouble if its not signed

can you do this on a xp pc
it will be easier
"FIGHTING TYRANNY in a TECHNOLOGICAL NOTTINGHAM"
No Questions by PM.
ebtank

Post by ebtank »

You will need to uninstall the driver that windows automaticity installed to do this go to control panel hardware and sound then device manager and delete the drivers then insert the dongle 3-4 times in your computers USB port. When it enters into update mode, the red and blue LEDs will be lit up on the dongle windows will ask you to install drivers Click on "Locate and install driver software (recommended)
To locate the driver, click on "Browse my computer for driver software.Once you have FLIP downloaded, browse to where FLIP is located on your computer.Windows Security may pop up with a warning message saying it can not verify the publisher. Ignore this and click on "Install this driver software anyway"

Then open up flip software click: device > select atmega32u2 as your usb board. Click: Settings > Communication > USB then click Open. The program should then display the information. Click: File -> Load HEX File..., then find the HEX file you want to load and press OK. Check if the file file name is correct, then press RUN to program chip.

darrenp76
Bandit
Bandit

Post by darrenp76 »

ebtank wrote:You will need to uninstall the driver that windows automaticity installed to do this go to control panel hardware and sound then device manager and delete the drivers then insert the dongle 3-4 times in your computers USB port. When it enters into update mode, the red and blue LEDs will be lit up on the dongle windows will ask you to install drivers Click on "Locate and install driver software (recommended)

Windows 7 doesn't give me the chance to use my own drivers. It just installs it. When I uninstall it, I plug it in again (3-4 times) and it reads installing new hardware: Bootloader. Then 5 seconds later it reads successfully installed USB input device. If I try to update the drivers it says that the driver isnt compatible with Windows 7 x64. I've downloaded 3 different drivers that supposedly work with Windows 7 x64, but it wont let me use any of them.
ebtank

Post by ebtank »

ok so just go in device manager and right click on the driver and chose update driver software then select browse my computer for driver software and go to where u have flip installed
darrenp76
Bandit
Bandit

Post by darrenp76 »

I've done that a couple of times and each time I try to use one of the drivers it tells me that it isnt compatible with Win 7 x64. I tried the one included in flip 3.4.2 and 2 other ones I d/l that are supposed to be good with x64. Each time Win 7 said that they wont work. I pretty sure one of those is good but it wont let me use it. Is there a way to stop Win7 from installing it automatically and letting me do it myself?
ebtank

Post by ebtank »

look at this people having the same problem http://psx-scene.com/forums/f178/avr-ke ... elp-69287/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
darrenp76
Bandit
Bandit

Post by darrenp76 »

Thanks for the link. As it turns out, they sent me a ps3key instead of the avrkey so that was the problem. LOL.

I followed the tutorials on how to work this thing, however, I'm running into a problem. I backed up The Shoot and Brain Challenge... Shoot froze my system and Brain Challenge worked but has no sound. I have Gaia manager and firmware 4.0... any suggestions?
ebtank

Post by ebtank »

darrenp76 wrote:Thanks for the link. As it turns out, they sent me a ps3key instead of the avrkey so that was the problem. LOL.

I followed the tutorials on how to work this thing, however, I'm running into a problem. I backed up The Shoot and Brain Challenge... Shoot froze my system and Brain Challenge worked but has no sound. I have Gaia manager and firmware 4.0... any suggestions?
3.40 ??? none of the payloads are for 3.40 update to 3.41

Return to “General information”