thinking abought updating how many has updated and is fine?

Anything 360 that don"t have is own tread
bor4748
Bandit
Bandit

thinking abought updating how many has updated and is fine?

Post by bor4748 »

im debating on weather to update my dashboard i cant afford another xbox 360 i got banned last year and bought a new one and flashed it drive lite-on 83850c v1 anyway im getting a nice plazma tv this year i cant afford a brand new 360 can anybody help me with this how riskey is it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
plus i have heard someone that got banned already playing fable 3. so how risky is it?
nufcmickey
Trusted Member
Trusted Member

Re: thinking abought updating how many has updated and is fine?

Post by nufcmickey »

Mine is a liteon 7 series flashed with 1.61. I got banned last nov with everyone else and straight away done another box. So its been all good for a year. I refused the update at first and stayed offline for a while but heard all was good and it was personal choice. I updated not yesterday but day before. The pic in the drive for Fable 3 shows up but when you go to play the game it will say unreadable disc. Every other game Ive tried works fine. Upto now all is well.

What I will say to you is this, every year around this time you should always expect a ban. I believe its only a matter of time and if we arnt banned by the end of the month its a miracle, But ultimatly its upto yourself wether you wanna play online or not, and do you have the patience to wait for the new FW whats in the works as we speak. But even then our consoles will probs be already flagged to be banned. Just prepare yourself for the ban and find 50-60 quid somewhere and go buy a pre owned arcade system. Then once the ban has been and gone you will have another year with your new one. Thats the way I look at it anyway, 50-60 quid a year is a steal for what you get.

The only reason I was skeptical of taking the update for was NOT for the ban, was coz I hate not being able to install the games to the HD and hate loosing all my save games as I dunno if you where aware last year they dissabled the install to HD feature and corrupted all your save games.
HaGGardSmurf
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by HaGGardSmurf »

If your worried about being banned, dont update.

The update is safe according to c4, but if we look back at the last ban wave, there was an update which was taken by most people, and it detected when the drive would do a security check its not supposed to (wave check) and if it did that security check the console was flagged. Then a few weeks later M$ started banning consoles from live that were flagged.

So to be absolutely safe, dont take the update, and keep your console offline for now. Even if this update is completely safe, this is right about the time when M$ is going to start banning (according to their history its usually once a year and its usually around this time)

So stay offline, stay un-updated, once the ban wave is over update to the new FW which is safe for live (which will probably be like LT+) update your console, and you should be fine for another year or so.
nufcmickey
Trusted Member
Trusted Member

Post by nufcmickey »

Wont we already be flagged for the ban though haggard ? I would of thought they had the full ban list long before they roll it out. I dont know its just a thought. So even if he stays offline and waits for new FW then updates, will that be ok ?

I reckon the best thing to do is prepare yourself to get a new arcade system every year after the banwave, Maybee when its due keep it offline, sell that console and use cash to get another second hand one then your all good for another year. Its all just down to patience because most of us are very short on it,lol.Thus why we/most have updated. I dunno maybee scared incase we miss something :? :D ;)
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by CoFree »

nufcmickey wrote:Wont we already be flagged for the ban though haggard ? I would of thought they had the full ban list long before they roll it out. I dont know its just a thought. So even if he stays offline and waits for new FW then updates, will that be ok ?
man
the thing is we all can bang our head on this but know one knows for 100% what/when/how there are going to ban
we have some good ideas and there have been a few time we where right
with the last ban wave they could tell the firmware had been modded
even a console that had never had a backup in the drive
we just dont know what they are going to do this time
one thing is for sure they have a trick up there sleeve

in this situation i stay offline read all i can (yes even i ask question from time to time :? :D )
and always run the latest firmware.
"FIGHTING TYRANNY in a TECHNOLOGICAL NOTTINGHAM"
No Questions by PM.
bor4748
Bandit
Bandit

Post by bor4748 »

HaGGardSmurf wrote:If your worried about being banned, dont update.

The update is safe according to c4, but if we look back at the last ban wave, there was an update which was taken by most people, and it detected when the drive would do a security check its not supposed to (wave check) and if it did that security check the console was flagged. Then a few weeks later M$ started banning consoles from live that were flagged.

So to be absolutely safe, dont take the update, and keep your console offline for now. Even if this update is completely safe, this is right about the time when M$ is going to start banning (according to their history its usually once a year and its usually around this time)

So stay offline, stay un-updated, once the ban wave is over update to the new FW which is safe for live (which will probably be like LT+) update your console, and you should be fine for another year or so.
thanks man thats exactlly what i am going to do or go to ofw untill the new firmware comes out i dont have the money to buy a used 360 thanks for the input haggard and cofree!!!!!!! u guys are awsome
keithkramer
Peasant
Peasant

Post by keithkramer »

I bought Fable 3, but have not played it . If I play it on my modded system will it flag/update my system? Does it have the dashboard update on the disc? I assume Black Ops will. Will I even be able to play it with LT (original or back up disc). I only use a kreon drive. I never ever play online and I do not allow my children to play online.
Kreon=Fail (what does this mean). Will there be a way to patch with ABGX?
Back ups are a requirement in my house - my kids are on their 4th copy of Raw v Samckdown, I have probaly ripped a dozen copies of the movie Cars. Kids, dogs, and a wife = alot of broken stuff.
All of my back ups are in hand and owned games. If I can't use my Kreon, I will probaly just stop backing them up.
Or is it too soon to answer these questions?

Thank you
Fire Greg Robinson. Fire Greg Robinson. Fire Greg Robinson.
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by CoFree »

it may flag on your console if you play fable 3
and no the update is not on the disc
it will be some time be fore the update shows up on a disc

also man
you need to change your sig size
its to big
"FIGHTING TYRANNY in a TECHNOLOGICAL NOTTINGHAM"
No Questions by PM.
keithkramer
Peasant
Peasant

Post by keithkramer »

Yes sir - it has been changed. Thank you.
Fire Greg Robinson. Fire Greg Robinson. Fire Greg Robinson.

Return to “General information”