Xbox

Anything 360 that don"t have is own tread
taeckery
Peasant
Peasant

Xbox

Post by taeckery »

How do you connect xbox 360 to the internet? I'm so lost, I just bought a xbox 360 elite and have no idea how to connect it to xbox live. Ok I have a comcast modem that hooks ups my cable and internet and it is a wired connection, my xbox is in a different room and theres no way I can put it in the room with my computer. What devices do i need to purchase to get xbox live?
Last edited by taeckery on Sat Nov 06, 2010 6:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Re: Xbox

Post by CoFree »

i think the slam has built in wireless now
you have to get your console on line wired or wireless
and make a acc on xbox live
"FIGHTING TYRANNY in a TECHNOLOGICAL NOTTINGHAM"
No Questions by PM.
moonknight
Possible Ally of Robinhood
Possible Ally of Robinhood

Post by moonknight »

If you are connecting wirelessly, the method is the same for slim and older version xbox 360. The only difference is that the slim version has the wireless built in, the older version requires a wireless adapter plugged into the back. You can also use your laptops wireless if you connect it to the 360 and power it on while playing online (do a google search or check youtube).
You will need to set up your wireless connection in your xbox system settings, network settings. Be sure you have your routers security key, you will need to input it.

On a side note, be sure you sign up for a silver account instead of gold if you are a first time user. When you are done signing up, MS will offer to upgrade you a free month of gold. You won't get this free month if you sign up directly as a gold membership :mrgreen:
HaGGardSmurf
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by HaGGardSmurf »

If your router is wireless (does your router have antenna's if so its wireless) then you can connect your slim directly to your network by entering your network password.

If you have a fat 360 (the white one) then you do not have a wireless card built in, and you will need to either buy a wireless adapter. You can buy G, or N, G is probably the one to go with. N is more expensive, and TBH you wont really see a difference with the speed of online games.

If you have a fat 360 (the white one) and your router is near your 360, you can buy a ethernet/cat5 (or 6) cable and plug one end into your 360, the other into your router and thats it, you will now be internet ready.

Another thing you can do is buy a wall outlet ethernet bridge. Which you connect to your router (via ethernet cable) then plug into the wall, and plug the reciever into another wall outlet (near your 360) and connect it to your console (via ethernet cable) and your internet connection is now being transfered from your router through the wiring in your house to your 360 console.

Return to “General information”