Newbie questions, will post tits for answers JK JK

The place to ask your questions about the Xbox 360
forcednewbiemodder
Peasant
Peasant

Newbie questions, will post tits for answers JK JK

Post by forcednewbiemodder »

Hello forum.
I have a few questions about where to get started. I have 2 xbox's that have bad drives. One is a Hitachi, the other a Samsung. Currently both have a bad habit of destroying games. Problem is, the xbox with a hitachi drive doesn't have it's original drive in it, my brother got as far as switching them out and failed to give me the original drive and firmware. I'll call him and ask if he still has the original drive so I at least know what was in it to begin with. Which leads me to the question, can I check the xbox to see what was in it to begin with so i can spoof the hitachi drive?

Also, What drive should I get for the Samsung Xbox with the eating disorder? I'm thinking another samsung.

On futher note, Neither of these xboxs will not be used for Online play, just for homebrew and original disk play. Where should I get started on programs for it? both are complete virgin devices.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.
forcednewbiemodder
Peasant
Peasant

Re: Newbie questions, will post tits for answers JK JK

Well, I may just try to Jtag both of these, unfortunately one of them has been updated, the other has been sitting for quite a long time and might just be exploitable. I'm looking into which version and what motherboard it is, I'll continue updating with my findings.
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by CoFree »

forcednewbiemodder wrote: can I check the xbox to see what was in it to begin with
yes
just dump the firmware with jungle flash and it will tell you what was in it
it will tell you what the hit dvd drive is spoofed as.
forcednewbiemodder wrote:What drive should I get for the Samsung Xbox with the eating disorder? I'm thinking another samsung.
that is fine or a benq
if they are not going on live then it dont matter
forcednewbiemodder wrote: both are complete virgin devices.
that cant be
if one of them has a spoofed in dvd drive then
its not stock
"FIGHTING TYRANNY in a TECHNOLOGICAL NOTTINGHAM"
No Questions by PM.
forcednewbiemodder
Peasant
Peasant

CoFree wrote:
just dump the firmware with jungle flash and it will tell you what was in it
it will tell you what the hit dvd drive is spoofed as.

forcednewbiemodder wrote: both are complete virgin devices.
that cant be
if one of them has a spoofed in dvd drive then
its not stock
On this drive, I don't have the original. He had another xbox which RROD'd, shoved that dvd inside, didn't spoof, didn't flash. So basically I don't have the original drive, so I can't spoof. Which brought me to the Jtag idea. It's a July 2007 xbox running kernel 8955 bk kernel 1888. im searching to figure out whats possible.

The Xbox was manufactured in July 2007 and the Hitachi drive was manufactured July 2007. I might be able to do something about that... hmm.

Other xbox is running a newer kernel than that, I think.

Thanks CoFree
forcednewbiemodder
Peasant
Peasant

AH HA, I have a breakthrough. The reason the drive and the stupid xbox are the same manufacturing date, is because that's the original. He switched out the lens. Duh. Okay, so jungleflashing is a GO!

My brother happens to work for a company called jable or j-ble, something like that. They were the ones who were awarded the contract for installing the fix for the RROD's from Microsoft. He works on other stuff, but he knows guys who know this stuff inside and out, so that's how he switched lenses. I don't know why he gave it to me to flash, but I doubt they are allowed to hanker with "illegal" mods at his job.

As of right now it's only playing DVD's pre flash. Will be back to annoy after I try and flash.
HaGGardSmurf
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by HaGGardSmurf »

Well in order to jtag, your console's need to be a 7xxx kernel, so if the one is 8xxx, and the other one is higher (9xxx?) then neither of them are jtaggable.

Now, what you need to workout is if you should even bother spending time on these consoles. If they dont have the original key, then they will never play a game or backup.

So lets call the xbox with the samsung xbox a, and the hitachi xbox b.

So Xbox A just wrecks games, thats it? It plays them fine, but has a habit of scratching the hell out of them? If thats the case, there are foam/rubber pads for sale on some mod chip websites, and you just put them in a couple spots in the drive, and that stops the game from scratching. You can do that, or you can spoof in a brand new drive.

Now Xbox B, it had a samsung or something in it, and that was taken out and a hitachi was put in? If thats the case, this xbox is a lost cause, unless you have the original drive, you wont be able to get the key of the motherboard, so you wont be able to play games.
forcednewbiemodder
Peasant
Peasant

HaGGardSmurf wrote: Now Xbox B, it had a samsung or something in it, and that was taken out and a hitachi was put in? If thats the case, this xbox is a lost cause, unless you have the original drive, you wont be able to get the key of the motherboard, so you wont be able to play games.
Well, I've got a halfassed mod going on. My bro said "flash the firmware" in the 8xxx 2007 xbox. That's it. What it looks like, is he replaced the laser/lense in a hitachi drive. It's not currently playing anything but DVD's. So if I can get it to a Ixtreme firmware I'll be closer to getting it to work.

The other one i'm not going to worry about. I think that one is just trash.

Thanks Haggard Smurf
HaGGardSmurf
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by HaGGardSmurf »

It plays only dvd's and when you put in a 360 game it will say "play dvd" correct? and if you click play/if it auto loads the game it will play a video saying put this game in a 360 console?

If thats what happens, you have the wrong key.

The motherboard has a key stored on it, and for security reasons when you try to play a game, the console checks the dvd drive, and read's its key. If this key does not match the one stored on the console, the game will not play. The xbox will only play dvd's nothing else.

There are 2 way's you can get the key.

1) From the console itself, through jtagging.
2) From the dvd drive.

#1 is not an option at this point in time since this console has been updated past the last exploitable kernel. If you sit on this console for a while who knows a new exploit may be found on a new kernel.

#2 your current dvd drive has the wrong key, so if there was another drive in this console at one point, you'll need to track it down, if this is the original drive, your 'SOL' the key is lost.

If your brother got this console and it had "unreadable disk" errors, and he swapped the laser, and now gave it to you to flash, i'd say you have got a 20 lb dvd player on your hands...

Sounds to me like someone probably tried to flash the console, failed, and lost the key, then took it to your brother's company and claimed their dvd drive wasn't working...

Return to “Beginners”