A question about updates(ing)

Anything 360 that don"t have is own tread
MrMiscellaneous
Bandit
Bandit

A question about updates(ing)

Post by MrMiscellaneous »

Just a question. Has anyone ever thought of taking the nand from your xbox, taking the xex files from it and all of that. Then updating those files and reflashing the nand?
Extract nand.bin from xbox>use 360 flash dump tool to get all system data> use xextool to decrypt the xex files> rewrite the xex files> import/inject files into the nand.bin> reflash.

Just an idea of mine.(like alot of other stuff)
trailz
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Re: A question about updates(ing)

Post by trailz »

This sounds like the process to uncorrupt a banned xbox. During the ban wave last year, M$ revoked the signing certificate for the hard drive in the NAND. This is what was causing the xbox to corrupt any data written to the hard drive and prevent it from being used on a legit console. However, old copies of the certificate could also be found in the NAND, so you could extract it and reflash the NAND. The console is still banned, it couldn't connect to Live, but it wouldn't corrupt content. One of M$'s later updates, Spring 2010, I believe, reversed their decision, and the hard drive is now usable. Profiles are still corrupted on open, though. It may be easier to uncorrupt the profile each time you want to switch consoles, but that can be a hassle if done frequently.

Is that what you want to do? Uncorrupt and banned XBox? If you want to 'update' the NAND with something else, what?
But there's no sense crying over every mistake,
you just keep on trying 'till you run out of cake.
MrMiscellaneous
Bandit
Bandit

Re: A question about updates(ing)

Post by MrMiscellaneous »

Well that was an interesting post :D But no. It's probably impossible to do but yeah here i am trying to do it. Was trying to make the console update its kernel to a new modified kernel. But id have to get a kernel first.

Return to “General information”