question about banning

Anything 360 that don"t have is own tread
blakkout47
Peasant
Peasant

question about banning

Post by blakkout47 »

So I was caught up in the ban wave back like, 2 years ago, or maybe it was a year ago, and haven't bought a new console since. I'm looking more financially stable now and was considering enabling live on my account again. I was wondering if MS was banning people as they are detected or are they still going with the giant wave, and if they are doing the waves, when was the last one. I'm considering buying a 360S and flashing it with the LT+ that's in development right now, but am wondering if I need to delay that until the next ban wave, or if perhaps LT+ is undetectable at the moment.

So yea, it seems this is essentially, "is LT+ safe on xbl?" post, which I know whenever you run a modded console you are never safe, but I was wondering if it's an immediate ban upon detection, or a flag on your console and then it gets nailed in a wave.

Thanks!
HaGGardSmurf
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Re: question about banning

Post by HaGGardSmurf »

To be quite honest no one can say for sure.

M$ has always done ban waves, and banned everyone at once, but this new ap 2.5 check is looking like they may be doing it individually, or they may be using it to collect data, and will ban everyone in a wave again.

The slim cannot be flashed right now, well it can but there is no FW for it. C4 is making firmware for the first revision of the drive right now, then he will move onto the second, then he is planning ps3 firmware as far as I know.

LT+ is safe for xbox live at the moment, but we dont quite know how they will be banning, because its looking like the banning will start soon (based on M$'s history)
blakkout47
Peasant
Peasant

Post by blakkout47 »

another quick question, is the 360S flashable w/o soldering or do you have to do some soldering to flash it
HaGGardSmurf
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by HaGGardSmurf »

I think the guys up top said it can be done without soldering, but I'm not quite sure, personally I think you will need to solder.

IE: They have 'solderless' solution's for the 8 and 9 series drive but you still need to cut the trace, then repair it with solder paste.

But we won't know for sure until the method is released.
blakkout47
Peasant
Peasant

Post by blakkout47 »

ok thank you very much you have been extremely helpful
HaGGardSmurf
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by HaGGardSmurf »

Not a problem

8-) :lol:
JaWzZz
Squire
Squire

Post by JaWzZz »

Id like to ask a few question relating to getting flagged/banned

I have a samsung with LT1.0. Now i haven't tried going online yet but reading all this talk about a ban wave, i might just wait a little. And if i were to get banned whats the worst that could happen? Could i still play my backed up games?

Has any been banned with a samsung LT1.0 ? anyone out there?

I mean i've been stealth patching all the games i get, but is that enough? I wouldn't want M$ to corrupt my profile.

Thanks for any feedback.
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by CoFree »

well man
first you hijacked someone else thread
its not a big deal its just kind of rude
you should have just started your own thread

ok lets have a look
JaWzZz wrote: if i were to get banned whats the worst that could happen? Could i still play my backed up games?
they ban the console from live,corrupt the game saves so you cant move the HD back and forth and they stop the install a game to the HD that some people like.
yes you can still play your backup games
in facty there are many that find it liberating after being banned
because they can download any game they want and play it
JaWzZz wrote:Has any been banned with a samsung LT1.0 ? anyone out there?

no that im aware of

there is nothing 100%
but that firmware for your dvd drive and running all your backup with abgx360 is the best you can do
"FIGHTING TYRANNY in a TECHNOLOGICAL NOTTINGHAM"
No Questions by PM.
JaWzZz
Squire
Squire

Post by JaWzZz »

thanks cofree, ill let you know if i get banned.

sorry blakkout47

Return to “General information”