problems modding might be rrod question

The place to ask your questions about the Xbox 360
cookiemon
Bandit
Bandit

problems modding might be rrod question

Post by cookiemon »

I have a xbox 360 that I have had modded for years, I had the rrod which I fixed but now it is back and I tried all the old fixes but no go. I did do the towel trick a few times before I did the motherboard fix, I wonder if I damaged it for good ?
Question 2 I fixed a friend rrod problem but when I turn on there is a bad pic quality fuzzy screen and jumpy. I have 2 other 360's that I can take parts from is there a video card that can be replaced ?
I also bought a broken 360 that wont read games but will read dvd's ? I took my already flashed benq and swapped out dvd drives and I still get the same error not reading games so it's probably not the drive at all, what can it be ? I did notice that my 360 is different from the spare ones have for parts, the spares dont have the hdmi and when I swapped out the drives the eject buttons were way off ? I also bought the new slim that I really dont want to take apart and mod unless I have to ?
I bought a new blaster ck3 to flash my 360 when I am ready.
I have never used the jungle flasher to flash but I hear it is easier to use, can I use a older tuterial to flash using jungle flasher ? I have the new jf 1.76 and the new lt+ benq firmware ready to go.
Last question: can the new slim 360's be done ? I believe there are new lite-onsin there with certain things I need to do to get it to work, I also have the new kinect and thats why I want to mod. I have done this many times before but it has been a long time. Should I chance doing the new slim if it can be done ? thanks to anyone who responds.
southbound
Bandit
Bandit

Re: problems modding might be rrod question

Post by southbound »

How many red lights does the xbox have ? then check the secondary error code. It slims things down to a possible know what's wrong with you're xbox, then you can go about finding a solution easier.

You're friends xbox sounds like it's graphices related, last resort really since you've already done the RROD repair is to give the chips a reflow or a reball but were talking equipment there man.

That broken xbox that you brought that only reads DVDs is missing the key that shakes hands with the motherboard. It sounds like you don't have the correct key, so really you just got a DVD player there man.

To flash in the new LT + in you're Benq drive, first does this xbox drive play games when it's hooked up to the motherboard ? if so you have to make sure you retrieve the correct 32 character key from the Benq drive. Then flash in the LT + firmware. I suggest you ask some more questions or read up about this before you do, as if you loss that key, well you're have more then one xbox that only plays DVDs.

The new slim xbox 360 can be done but firmware and a tutorial has not be released yet, so you're have to wait on that.
cookiemon
Bandit
Bandit

Post by cookiemon »

okay, the first 360 that I have fixed a couple times has the 3 rings. It had the 2 rings and the error 74 and I did the same type of fix as before and now I am back to the 3 rings.
The dvd that only plays dvd's and not games, well I'll just chalk that one up to a bad decision.
So the graphics related problem is more problems and money ?
The benq drive is the drive that is in xbox #1 that has been fixed a few times but is now back to 3 rings, the benq has been flashed several times and has always played all games fine !
And the new slim, I dont really feel like messing with that one right now !
Can I use a older tutorial to flash different drives with the new jungle flasher ? I have always used iprep for all previous flashing and jf looks a little easier. I bought a new blaster ck3 to flash my kids 360 when I am ready just wondered if I should go jungle flasher or iprep ? thanks for taking time to help me out brother !
cookiemon
Bandit
Bandit

Post by cookiemon »

I did save the origional key from the benq before the first time I flashed it if that is what you are asking ?
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by CoFree »

cookiemon wrote:just wondered if I should go jungle flasher or iprep ?
now i would say
jungle flasher
"FIGHTING TYRANNY in a TECHNOLOGICAL NOTTINGHAM"
No Questions by PM.
cookiemon
Bandit
Bandit

Post by cookiemon »

I have the new jungle flasher and the new lt+benq but I have always used the iprep in the past and have never used the jungle flasher so my question : is there an older tutorial on the jungle flasher that I can use since there in no new one for the 1.76 ? thanks
southbound
Bandit
Bandit

Post by southbound »

All you do for a benq drive is this....

First do you're tick list.

Do you have a flashable chipset? via is most common, then hook a sata up to it and plug it into you're Benq drive.

Do you have something that powers the drive either use the xbox 360 power or use the power from a CK3, you need a molex power supply to power the ck3 though.

Then turn the power on to you're benq, eject and open it to see if you have power, on you're windows desktop you're screen might freeze for 10 seconds or so don't panic it's just registering the drive. Then what i've found works and gets my benq drive showing up in J/F most frequently is powering it on with the tray half open. Then once that's on open up and start J/F. At this point you should get no errors if so something is wrong, it should go straight through and load up J/F.

If so now you're in J/Fs main window, go over to: MTK Flash 32, under: Drive Properties, you're drive shouled be listed. If not then it would say: No Drive Detected, or you're pc drive might show up, make sure you check to see if you have the correct drive show up, you want the benqs information there. If so, in the same tab... Presh: intro /Device ID, now the information from: Drive Properties, should all be in the: Fash Chip Properties, if so click read... Reading banks 1, Reading banks 2 etc... Now save you're firmware on the drive to whatever and wherever you think is appropriate. (MAKE SURE YOU LABLE AS SOMETHING YOU WOULD REMEMBER AND KEEP IN SAFE PLACE) now click: Save, then you will be asked by J/F if you want to auto load the firmware that you want to flash in, click NO and now you're looking at J/Fs main window (you should be in the Firmare tool 32 tab) There should be information listed in the: Source, bit... Check to see if the DVD key is a combination of 32 numbers and characters.( This is were you could do 1 or 2 reads to make sure each time you're getting the same key pop up, because the correct key is most important) If you want to do another read to check the key again. Go over to the: MTK Flash 32, tab and under: Flash Tasks, click: Outro / ATA reset, this releases you're drive safley. ( close Fungle flasher compleatly) The turn the benq off by the power (not the pc) and start it back up again try half open and do everything again until you get up to the DVD key part, check you're key if it looks the same as before, then in the Firmware Tool 32 tab were you are now click: Open Target Firmare, then find the Benq LT+ load it in, that key might be 7777777777777777777777777, not to worry click: Spoof Source to Target, and you're correct key from the Source tab should be in the Target (DVD Key) tab (were 7777777777777777777777777 might have been) If so go over to MTK 32 flash tab and under: Flashing Tasks, cick: Write.....Reading banks 1 2 3 etc Erasing banks 1 2 3 etc Writing banks 1 2 3 etc Vertifing banks 1 2 3 etc... Then when it comes up successful under flashing tasks click: Outro / ATA Reset, to release you're drive safley.

And that's it, put you're benq drive back in you're xbox load up a game and see if it works.
cookiemon
Bandit
Bandit

Post by cookiemon »

I appreciate it, I am going to do my kids next. My xbox had the rrod which I fixed and it worked for months but it happened again and I cant fix it again. I wonder if it's trashed ?

Return to “Beginners”