Lite-on to Benq

Anything 360 that don"t have is own tread
wackey
Merry Men
Merry Men

Lite-on to Benq

Post by wackey »

Hi everyone,
I have a lite-on that has LT+ on it, the dvd drive is getting bad, I'm planning on using a benq and do i need my orginal keys or can i just take the LT+ thats on my lite-on and put on benq?

thnx
southbound
Bandit
Bandit

Re: Lite-on to Benq

Post by southbound »

No man you can't use the firmware that you have on a lite on and put it on you're replacement benq drive. The firmware that goes on the lite on is for the lite on only, whether that be a 7 series, 8 series v1, 8 series v2 or 9 series, which are all different firmwares, you wouldn't even use the firmware for example for a lite on 9 series on a 7 series and firmware for an 8 series v1 on the 8 series v2 etc etc, it's all specific for the drive, so you would need to get the benq LT + firmware for the benq drive and spoof you're lite on key from the lite on to you're benq firmware then flash it in.

Keep in mind if you use a spoofed drive on the new dash and put in a AP.2.5 game you're fail the OSIG check and even if you're not on live you're console will log the fail and when you sign back in to live you will be banned.
HaGGardSmurf
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by HaGGardSmurf »

Just buy a new lite-on drive, same model and you can swap the pcb board and it'll be a brand new drive hardware wise, and be the exact same software wise.
wackey
Merry Men
Merry Men

Post by wackey »

southbound wrote:No man you can't use the firmware that you have on a lite on and put it on you're replacement benq drive. The firmware that goes on the lite on is for the lite on only, whether that be a 7 series, 8 series v1, 8 series v2 or 9 series, which are all different firmwares, you wouldn't even use the firmware for example for a lite on 9 series on a 7 series and firmware for an 8 series v1 on the 8 series v2 etc etc, it's all specific for the drive, so you would need to get the benq LT + firmware for the benq drive and spoof you're lite on key from the lite on to you're benq firmware then flash it in.

Keep in mind if you use a spoofed drive on the new dash and put in a AP.2.5 game you're fail the OSIG check and even if you're not on live you're console will log the fail and when you sign back in to live you will be banned.

So your saying i should get another lite-on...then it will work right ....ok...

where can i get a lite-on dvd drive in canada?
southbound
Bandit
Bandit

Post by southbound »

It will still work according to this http://www.robinhoodsplayground.com/for ... 152#p65152 i haven't tryed yet but i plan to (maybe, having thoughts myself). You would only be able to play games offline only though. Is you're console banned? do you plan to go online with it? If you want to go online with it and chance not becoming detachable, then yes of course get another lite-on to replace it. But it's best to make sure you buy the correct version lite on to replace it, what ever version lite on you have (version 74850c/ version 83850c/ version 93450c) buy that exact same drive as a replacement.

Have a look on ebay once you know what version drive you have
wackey
Merry Men
Merry Men

Post by wackey »

southbound wrote:It will still work according to this http://www.robinhoodsplayground.com/for ... 152#p65152 i haven't tryed yet but i plan to (maybe, having thoughts myself). You would only be able to play games offline only though. Is you're console banned? do you plan to go online with it? If you want to go online with it and chance not becoming detachable, then yes of course get another lite-on to replace it. But it's best to make sure you buy the correct version lite on to replace it, what ever version lite on you have (version 74850c/ version 83850c/ version 93450c) buy that exact same drive as a replacement.

Have a look on ebay once you know what version drive you have
online..not yet....
dvd lite-on is version 74850c
only play off line now
not banned
southbound
Bandit
Bandit

Post by southbound »

Well it's up to you, if you get a new drive then you could have an option of going online to get updates etc or even playing, but again as soon as you use that benq on that lite on board on the new dash with A.P 2.5 games, offline or online, you will either be flaged offline were the NAND stores the flag data and as soon as you go online you will be banned. The choice is yours.
wackey
Merry Men
Merry Men

Post by wackey »

southbound wrote:Well it's up to you, if you get a new drive then you could have an option of going online to get updates etc or even playing, but again as soon as you use that benq on that lite on board on the new dash with A.P 2.5 games, offline or online, you will either be flaged offline were the NAND stores the flag data and as soon as you go online you will be banned. The choice is yours.

ok..i'll see if i can get a lite-on some where,

thnx
HaGGardSmurf
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by HaGGardSmurf »

Use ebay its the cheapest for drives in canada. Dont buy a benq, buy a lite-on 74850c
wackey
Merry Men
Merry Men

Post by wackey »

hi guys...
I saw on-line that the benq and lite-on dvd drives. that the lazers are the same, can i replace the one in my lite-on with the benq one, or ?
and will it work the same....

thnx
HaGGardSmurf
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by HaGGardSmurf »

Yep you can. Same thing for the hitachi and samsung drives, those 2 also have interchangeable lasers.

If you go look at replacement laser's they will be named as "benq/lite-on" replacement laser.
wackey
Merry Men
Merry Men

Post by wackey »

HaGGardSmurf wrote:Yep you can. Same thing for the hitachi and samsung drives, those 2 also have interchangeable lasers.

If you go look at replacement laser's they will be named as "benq/lite-on" replacement laser.

Thnx man...going to give it a try...thnx...
I'll let you know
wackey
Merry Men
Merry Men

Post by wackey »

HaGGardSmurf wrote:Yep you can. Same thing for the hitachi and samsung drives, those 2 also have interchangeable lasers.

Thnx man..worked perfect,,,up and running again... :D
HaGGardSmurf
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by HaGGardSmurf »

Glad you got it man 8-)

Return to “General information”