new samsung ms28 spoofed as a hit 47dj

The place for more technical questions about modding your Xbox 360!
HAZ3
Bandit
Bandit

new samsung ms28 spoofed as a hit 47dj

Post by HAZ3 »

Cofree, sadalius, haggard smurf and/or others,

I was just wondering, can any spoofed drive play any of the newer games (nfs hot pursuit, AC:B etc)? reason i ask is because I just made a back up of the latter (AC:B) however, i get the play dvd error (aka the xbox 360 icon). I do not use this console on live at all and all other previous games still play without error. Supposedly i've read that spoofed drives will no longer work however what i'm curious about is considering my original drive is a hit 47dj, wouldn't that information bypass the protection as it's null when spoofed onto the ms28 drive? how does this work or rather is this true & will i have to be patient & wait for c4e to release samsung/hitachi firmware? please advise.
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Re: new samsung ms28 spoofed as a hit 47dj

Post by CoFree »

if it has the updated dash
or
if its a ap25 game
then no it should not play

i have read some saying this or that plays but
mine that are spoofed DO NOT play any of the new games
both my spoofed console are running the new dash.

let me say this again
just for the hell of it
i would love to get support for spoofing in dvd drive that dont go on live
i would pay good money
"FIGHTING TYRANNY in a TECHNOLOGICAL NOTTINGHAM"
No Questions by PM.
HAZ3
Bandit
Bandit

Post by HAZ3 »

Thanks cofree, looks like you and I are on the same boat & will have to remain patient.
HAZ3
Bandit
Bandit

Post by HAZ3 »

Well looks like our patience did pay off in the long run as a christmas present. The question i have was:

I currently have my samsung ms28 spoofed as a hit 47. now with the new firmware released, i understand i will need to update to the lt+ as the target (the hit drive) where as the ms28 will be flashed with the samsung ixtreme lt_v1.0 all via jungle flasher? Or do i simply flash the lt+ to the target (hit drive) & leave the ms28 as the current firmware (1.61 iirc being the last firmware update for samsung?) correct me if i'm wrong

on another note, why is there only one file for the samsung drives in the lt_v1.0? i thought there were supposed to be two. A good example of this is if you look in the directory for the lt+ firmware pack it includes both the same file for the samsung firmware found in the lt_v1.0 AND the ts-h943 ms28.bin. Any idea if it makes a difference or why it's in this firmware pack instead? please advise.
HaGGardSmurf
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by HaGGardSmurf »

So you have a samsung spoofed as a hit.

You just need to flash LT+ to the samsung, there is no spoofing involved. All your games should pass AP 2.5 since it will check your OSIG, see you have a hitachi drive, and will skip the check. The samsung drive is also unable to perform the check.

Are you using this console online or offline? If your going online, you shouldnt be using a spoofed drive it's detectable. You'll need to grab a hitachi through ebay or another website.

There should only be 1 file. Although there are 2 different samsung's MS25 and MS28 we just treat all drives as MS28's thats why there is only 1 file. It's the FW for a MS28, if you look in the lite-on folder you see different files for each drive 7xxx 8xxx etc...

They could have included the original FW, but didnt for whatever reason, not a big deal. When they were making LT+ things were a bit rushed, so they probably just threw the .rar together. You only need the 1 file anyhow so it doesn't effect anything.
HAZ3
Bandit
Bandit

Post by HAZ3 »

thanks for the reply haggard smurf. So i only have to flash the lt+ to the ms28 since it's already spoofed as a hit 47, correct? I am not using this console online at all.
HaGGardSmurf
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by HaGGardSmurf »

Yep, most important part is your key.

So if you have the hitachi OFW, load that as source, and load Samsung MS28 LT+ to target, hit spoof, then proceed to flashing the samsung.

If you dont have the OFW, dump the samsung drive, save the ofw, go to the firmware tab (your ofw should be loaded already, so you should see your key etc) now just load the LT+ as target and flash away.

You can always use an older FW, one that will boot all waves, since AP 2.5 SHOULD be skipped as the original drive in the console is a hitachi, which is incapable of doing the ap 2.5 checks.

Keep in mind samsung and hitachi's have interchangeable lasers meaning if you swapped your hitachi because it was having trouble playing games, you can just stick your samsung laser in the hit drive. Reason I suggest this is a hitachi flashed with 1.51 will play all games, it does not check wave, and it doesnt do AP 2.5. Both thing's are tedious and a pain if your using the console offline.

Return to “360 DVD Drive Flashing”