Borderland DLC

For questions with backing up your games!
JaWzZz
Squire
Squire

Borderland DLC

Post by JaWzZz »

Is it possible to take the DLC off my friends xbox and onto myn? Using a usb stick?
What if he used his profile on my xbox and re-downloaded it?

His is unflashed/untouched
Myn is flashed (Samsung LT v1.0 FW)
not sure if this info matters or not.
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Re: Borderland DLC

Post by CoFree »

no you cant do that
the DLC is console /account bound
if he puts his HD with his profile on your console it will only play if he is signed in to live
most if not all
that are pay DLC is HD/console/account bound

there are even a few free DLC that are the same way
"FIGHTING TYRANNY in a TECHNOLOGICAL NOTTINGHAM"
No Questions by PM.
JaWzZz
Squire
Squire

Post by JaWzZz »

Ok thanks CoFree. One other question
If i install borderlands to the HDD and play that way, will i still be "safe" from live detecting the backup disc?
Or is there no real difference

Cause i keep getting a disc unreadable error.
I burned it to a memorex dvd

Samsung LT1.0 FW
HaGGardSmurf
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by HaGGardSmurf »

Memorex disks are lower quality than verbatim's that could be part of the problem. Verbatim disks have better quality controls in place which means all their disks are high quality where as with memorex and many other companies each disk quality varies, which will not matter for most applications, but with xbox backups this can be a big issue.

Another thing may be your drive itself. You can buy a new laser from the ebay or a modding website(hitachi or samsung lasers will both work). You can also pot tweak if you like but it's a temporary fix.

Installing to the HDD wont change anything. The console still must check the disk in the drive to verify its the correct one to load the game data from the hard drive. If your disk fails the check you'll still be flagged. Installing to HDD will remove the disk errors though.

If you take the original game, install it to your hard drive, then make a backup with a cheap memorex disk, the console should be able to read the disk enough to enable you to play from hard drive.
leedo55
Bandit
Bandit

Post by leedo55 »

is it not possible to download his friends gamertag to his 360, then download the game to his harddrive using his friends gamertag, start the game and then sign out of his friends gamertag and into his own.
im a bit hazy on this now but i know i did something like this for trials hd
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by CoFree »

you cant have it going in 2 consoles
as long as the console is on live and his profile is still on that console it would work
bt
the sec he took his profile off that console it would no longer work
No Questions by PM.
djshauny1
Possible Ally of Robinhood
Possible Ally of Robinhood

Post by djshauny1 »

Actually you CAN!!!!!! Cofree lol

All you have to do is a license transfer to your consol using his gamertag

You can do this by going to xbox.com/drm

Once you have done the transfer download the dlc using his gamertag on your console.

Once done delete his gamertag and the dlc will work fine!!

Remembr you can only do this 1 TIME EVERY YEAR so make the most of all the dlc your mate has.

:)

Ive done this twice now with codmw2 and cod waw packs and they work at th same time on both systems!!!
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by CoFree »

learn something everyday :D
No Questions by PM.
JaWzZz
Squire
Squire

Post by JaWzZz »

Sweet, thanks guys :D
One question. After my friend downloads the content to my xbox, can he still access his own back on his xbox?
HaGGardSmurf
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by HaGGardSmurf »

Shauny good post, a friend of mine tried to get me to do this method a few days ago for the vietnam pack for bad company. It was too much trouble to go through to save $15 so I didnt do it. Plus I figured M$ would figure out what we've done and banned one or both of us.
JaWzZz wrote:Sweet, thanks guys :D
One question. After my friend downloads the content to my xbox, can he still access his own back on his xbox?
Yes, the way it works is your console has his licenses. Which means you can use the DLC without being logged into his gamertag. His console will not have the licenses so in order for him to use the DLC he will need to be logged in. You can also use this method to get any DLC he has that you dont for other games. IE map packs etc...

The only thing that might ever be an issue is if your friend want's to play offline with his dlc. Wont work, he will always need to be connected to live.

You can only move licenses once a year so make sure your both sure you want to do this.

Also, Microsoft may be able to detect what your doing, and if they do you can bet they will ban one or both of you. Then again they may have no way to detect it.

Return to “Game Backups”