Original hard drive question

The place to ask your questions about the Xbox 360
Mr.Gone
Squire
Squire

Original hard drive question

Post by Mr.Gone »

Hey everyone, I've got a question.. I have an original samsung 20g hard drive which wouldn't work in my 360 anymore. I pulled the drive out and plugged it into my computer, formatted it, and it works with my computer. However, upon reassembling it and putting it back on the 360, it shows that I have no hard drive connected.. So my question is, will I ever be able to use this hard drive with my 360 again, and if so, how? Thanks in advance.
I like to plug things in...then I like to unplug them..then I go to sleep...
HaGGardSmurf
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Re: Original hard drive question

Post by HaGGardSmurf »

How did you format it? Did you use HDDhackr or whatever the tool is called, or did you just use windows, or some hard drive management software?
Mr.Gone
Squire
Squire

Post by Mr.Gone »

I used easus partition manager. I wasn't able to format it in windows. And all the hddhackr tutorials I saw were only for western digital drives so I didn't think it would work with a samsung.
HaGGardSmurf
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by HaGGardSmurf »

With the 360 you need the hard drive image on the hard drive. It's what tells the console the hard drive is a verified drive, also the size of space to use.

I've not messed with any hard drive stuff, farthest ive gone is swapping HDD cases. You may want to wait a little bit and see if another member with experience with HDD's can help. If not, just bump the topic I'll see what kind of info I can dig up.
Mr.Gone
Squire
Squire

Post by Mr.Gone »

Alright man I appreciate it. It just gets a little old swapping the hard drive from 360 to 360. I mean, this hard drive works so I want to be able to use it.
HaGGardSmurf
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by HaGGardSmurf »

Well to use it you need to get a 20gb hddss.bin and use hddhackr to format, and flash the hddss.bin to the drive.

Thats about all I know. If you follow a guide for upgrading a HDD, the steps are all the same except you'll be using a 20gb hddss.bin where as most tut's youll find are taking a WD drive and flashing a 120gb hddss.bin to it.

Return to “Beginners”