19/01/2011 Dash Update ?

Anything 360 that don"t have is own tread
nufcmickey
Trusted Member
Trusted Member

19/01/2011 Dash Update ?

Post by nufcmickey »

Just got home from town and my lass turned on the unflashed elite to stream and she said there had been an update, So I looks on here straight away and nothing, Then I checks major Nelsons page on xbox.com and here it is.

http://majornelson.com/archive/2011/01/ ... -week.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Im quite suspicious and quite worried about taking it on my flashed arcade, dam I was lookin forward to getting hom and back to my bad company 2.
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Re: 19/01/2011 Dash Update ?

Post by CoFree »

well i would not take the update on the flashed console just yet
give it a few days till we see whats going to happen
even when you do i would take it by usb flash (not live)
"FIGHTING TYRANNY in a TECHNOLOGICAL NOTTINGHAM"
No Questions by PM.
nufcmickey
Trusted Member
Trusted Member

Post by nufcmickey »

Any idea how to update via USB stick m8 ? I think I tried it before on a banned console but couldnt get it to work.

Cheers man.
he-man
Merry Men
Merry Men

Post by he-man »

Hi mate, just read the "Copy the update to a USB flash drive" section. The link to the latest update is there too.

http://support.xbox.com/en-gb/pages/xbo ... .aspx#copy" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"Xbox LIVE Dashboard update:
On Wednesday, January 19th we will issue a mandatory dashboard update that (re) enables the ‘Boot to Disc’ option in the Xbox 360 dashboard. After you accept the update, you’ll be able to set the option to boot to the Xbox 360 dashboard OR directly to the game you have in the tray when you power up your console. This option can be found in the System Settings. "

Surely that's not new, I thought you could do that from launch. To be honest this is a waste of time and should not be mandatory. If I want to launch a game I press the A button, it's not rocket sience!
trailz
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Post by trailz »

he-man wrote:... you’ll be able to set the option to boot to the Xbox 360 dashboard OR directly to the game you have in the tray when you power up your console. [/i] This option can be found in the System Settings. "
LMAO, what!? I'm very certain you can already do that. Suspicious indeed.
But there's no sense crying over every mistake,
you just keep on trying 'till you run out of cake.
twi5t3d
Bandit
Bandit

Post by twi5t3d »

i took the update and now all my call of duty back ups are unreadable so that was a bad thing for me to do :twisted:
twi5t3d
Bandit
Bandit

Post by twi5t3d »

i jus did the xval and now its sayn im flagged so its sumn with the call of duty owell thats ythe way it goes aint mad u play with fire long enough u get burned looks like its time for a new box :twisted:
he-man
Merry Men
Merry Men

Post by he-man »

You are aware that I was quoting Major Nelson, are you not?
trailz wrote:LMAO, what!? I'm very certain you can already do that. Suspicious indeed.
That's what I thought, surely Major Nelson would not be telling porkies :lol:
.exe
Peasant
Peasant

Post by .exe »

I have taken the update but i did flash back to stock first.Then flashed to lt+ 1.1, black ops and mw2 will not boot, i did not let the xbox come up with an error dirty disc or disc unreadable.I shut it down when it looked like it was taking longer to boot both games.I have liteon 748 drive and no flag for ban.
nufcmickey
Trusted Member
Trusted Member

Post by nufcmickey »

Ive read on other sites that AC Brotherhood wont work either, It works in mine but Ive noticed something weird which in a way seems to tie in with last years ban. Theres 2 free pieces of DLC for the game, Last time I played it a while ago I had project update 1 DLC working fine. I boot the game after update. There was a game update too. I clicked Multiplayer and it said DL1 is corrupt, I cleared my cache and deleted DLC1 and then reapplied DLC 1 and 2 and its still saying its corrupt in some way.

Ive not tried the single player yet but in the memory my save games arnt corrupt so fingers crossed thats ok. Apparantly Black Ops wont boot so pleased to call back here before bed, Not to worried about that as Im back into my love of BC2.
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by CoFree »

guys im locking this thread
lets keep all the talk about this trouble in this thread
Don't Update Your 360 1-19-2011
"FIGHTING TYRANNY in a TECHNOLOGICAL NOTTINGHAM"
No Questions by PM.

Return to “General information”