Can I still play the latest game by patching the Wave?

The place to ask your questions about the Xbox 360
nffc4eva
Peasant
Peasant

Can I still play the latest game by patching the Wave?

Post by nffc4eva »

Hi guys,

I have a 360 with iXtreme 1.6 on my Lite-on drive. Have had this on for a while now and the way I've got round playing the latest games was to patch the iso file to Wave 3 - as my console was banned and that way my game just loaded fine without the need for an activation disc and without the hassle of re-flashing the console. Did this up until Fable 3.

I want to know, can I continue doing this with the latest games? i.e. AC Brotherhood? I've heard about the new AP 2.5 protection, but can I just get round this by patching the Wave on the iso like I've been doing all along? Or, is there some other way of getting round the AP 2.5 protection. As my console is banned I'm not bothered what I have to patch.

I have been out of the scene for a while as I'm a bit of a noob and I've not had any problems playing backups.

Could really do with some help on this to save me getting my console re-flashed.

Thanks
warship
Bandit
Bandit

Re: Can I still play the latest game by patching the Wave?

Post by warship »

sorry mate only way to play AP 2.5 protected games is to up date to LT+. I had the same problem as you, you can't patch them,hope that helps.
Regards

Warship.
nffc4eva
Peasant
Peasant

Post by nffc4eva »

Thanks warship, appreciate it.

I'll get it re-flashed then. I take it I need to update to the new Kinect NXE dashboard as well then?
HaGGardSmurf
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by HaGGardSmurf »

Yes, you need the update, but do an offline USB update. Lots of times these game updates aren't full updates.

You can also put in a hitachi drive flashed with 1.51 into the console. It will boot all games regardless of waves, or ap 2.5.
nffc4eva
Peasant
Peasant

Post by nffc4eva »

Thanks HaGGardSmurf.

Return to “Beginners”