Help: Son updated his console now cant play COD

The place to ask your questions about the Xbox 360
cduey100
Peasant
Peasant

Help: Son updated his console now cant play COD

Post by cduey100 »

Unfortunatly my son has already did the update that every body said "not to do".
Now he is finding that his more recent games (COD Black opps) wont play (backups or the orriginals).
Keeps getting unreadable disc.
Earlier type games still playing OK.
His console was fitted with a samsung drive and flashed approx 3 years ago.
From what i have read it would seem he has been flagged or banned.
Could someone explain to me what the meaning flagged or banned actually means ??
Is there anyway he can overcome this problem ???
Any help would be appreciated
cduey100
Peasant
Peasant

Re: Help: Son updated his console now cant play COD

Post by cduey100 »

Just like to add
Used xval and the Secdata is Clean
trailz
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Post by trailz »

If you haven't updated the drive's firmware in three years, you are out dated pretty badly. When the Kinect was released last year, there was a dashboard release that enabled support for the Kinect and some more advanced backup detection (AP2.5). There was no need to update to this dash if you did not have a Kinect or did not need to play wave 7-9 games. What the new update (12625) does is enable the new backup checks on some older games, one of which is Black Ops.

This post summarizes the situation nicely: http://robinhoodsplayground.com/forum/v ... =45#p67162

The important point to remember here is that you should not be taking the dashboard updates blindly. Many of them are contrived specifically to detect hacked consoles and do not provide any useful features.

A flagged console is a console that has been flagged as a candidate for being banned from XBL. xVal is a program that can determine if the flag is on your console. Connecting a flagged console to XBL would be a very bad idea; the risk of the console being banned is very high.
But there's no sense crying over every mistake,
you just keep on trying 'till you run out of cake.
cduey100
Peasant
Peasant

Post by cduey100 »

Thanks for that.
I have flashed a few drives, a liitle out of touch as i havent flashed for approx 6 months. My sons 360 seem to play everthing that was put in it so i never bothered to reflash his to a later firmware.
Do you think i should reflashed and if so which firmware would be best to use for a samsung ms25
Or is now a good time to replace the drive and if so which is the better drive to get and which firmware to use???
I still have my ck3 & probe so shouldn't be a problem for me to flash.
If reflash samsung drive do i still use jungle flasher or iprep????
Also havent been able load up xbins is there another way or place to get the firmware???
Sorry for all the questions but as mentioned its been approx 6 months since flashing.
Thanks
nufcmickey
Trusted Member
Trusted Member

Post by nufcmickey »

About 2 month ago a FW was released which will play all games, It was the LT Plus which I have, Then another one was released shortly after which I dont really know much about which is LT Plus 1.1 I believe. Just recently there was also another Dash update which stopped 3 known games from booting even on the latest FW, But as always you should run all your backups through agbx 1.05 as they where able to get round those games not booting by patching them in abgx. The 3 known games where Black Ops, Modern warfare 2 and Halo Reach.

But yeah just flash it with the latest FW, either LT Plus or LT Plus 1.1, Run your backups through abgx and you should be good to go, and always remember to keep your keys from the drive. and no you carnt use Iprep anymore as the guy who makes it was left out of the recent Firmware stuff and any older ones wont support LT Plus. I had this trouble as I carnt use JF but this guy I met online phoned me up and talked me through doing it with Iprep. I carnt remember how though.

Youd probs be better off sending the drive off to someone trustworthy who does it properly.

Good Luck ! ;)
commando_lee
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood
Location: Up high in the tree looking out for the Sheriff of Nottingham

Post by commando_lee »

You can use iprep still to just flash the drive.

in the same kinda way as this tut, just dump the drive in jf make the hacked fw then flash.

http://robinhoodsplayground.com/forum/v ... 197&t=7041" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
................................................................RobinHoods Very Own
.......................................Image
I do this for the fun and pleasure in helping people. But this is NOT my job. Post up on the boards with your question and some body will help you dont use the PM system.
djshauny1
Possible Ally of Robinhood
Possible Ally of Robinhood

Post by djshauny1 »

Use Xval to check if the console has been flagged

Then id recommend re flashing the console to the latest firmware

Remember to run your games through abgx also
cduey100
Peasant
Peasant

Post by cduey100 »

Have now reflashed samsung drive with LT v1.0. Flash is good as it is playing some of his other games such as Fifa11 etc.
Have run COD Black Ops through abgx 1.0.5, all comes up good. Burn the game IMG Burn
Have try running the "orriginal" and the "copy" but keep getting "The disk is unreadable, contact xbox.com support"

So just to recap
Replaced orrignal drive for a Samsung drive ms28 approx 3 years ago. This was how we purchased the xbox already flashed and ready to go. So I dont have the OFW.
Son updated with the latest update.
Now relashed with LT v1

Any suggestions as to what do do next??????
cduey100
Peasant
Peasant

Post by cduey100 »

Not sure what is going on, I have reflashed to a a New Benq drive and all is good now playing COD blackopps. It seems that it wont run COD Blackopps with his samsung drive, also tried 2 other samsung drives and it will not run COD on those either.
It seems to me that the latest update somehow made it not run COD through samsung drives.
Anyway all is good with the New Benq drive.
Thanks to all for there imput really appreciated.
JKinney
Peasant
Peasant

Post by JKinney »

I have a similar problem. I flashed LT+ to a benq machine and all is good.

The 2nd xbox 360 has a 83580c drive. I had flashed 1.61 previous and all was good, but got into the AP2.5 games. I flashed as a v1 but got an error that the drive was different from the bar code (?). I tried to read the drive key again and it showed as failed. I did it anyway.

After thinking about it, I thought I flashed the wrong firmware. So I flashed as v2 and it appaered to dump fine. The drive is labeled A0A2 of FW (July 2009) so I assume it is a v2. I tried to read the firmware again and it gave me an error about v2 (JF 1.79). I just dont remember flashing as v2 before...

So it works with Halo Reach, and StarWars III, but has a hard time with Black Ops. The Black Opts backup works on the benq drive. Does anyone know what is up? Did I flash the wrong FW? Do I have a v1 or v2?

What do I need to do to get back to v1 (if I need to)?

Maybe reburn Black ops again(bad disk but works on BenQ)? I have run the latest ABGX 360 prior to burn for AP2.5.

Any comments are appreciated.
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by CoFree »

it would have been better for you to start your own thread for your question.
its not a big deal it just makes it easier for us to find and help.

ok man
the thing is if it will play any backup your key is good
if it will play any ap25 game list Here then you have the right version firmware in the dv drive and dont need to reflash it.

the only thing that i see it could be is the fact that the old samsung and benq dvd drive would read about anything
the lite on IMO has always been a pos that would have read trouble with backup disc

you can try to reburn the disc but there is a good chance that it still will not work

im sure the other guys will share there input also
but thats the best i got for you
let us know how it goes
"FIGHTING TYRANNY in a TECHNOLOGICAL NOTTINGHAM"
No Questions by PM.
JKinney
Peasant
Peasant

Post by JKinney »

Thanks CoFree, my apologies - I should have started another thread.

I have the same feelings about the Lite-on drives as well. At one instance, it appeared that the Lite-on read the Black Ops disk as I saw the intro start to play, but locked up.

One thing that confusues me is why was I not able to read the Key after the v2 flash with JF. Is it because have the LT+ firmware installed? So if i need to flash again in the future, do I build the CFW off of the OFW I saved prevoiusly? How do I get the drive in vendor mode if I cannot use lo83?

I searched the forum for an answer on this but only found some info about cutting traces and another method (three letters, the name escapes me right now). I dont believe I need to cut traces to flash as I have already done this previously. Am I correct or full of s%&# ?
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by CoFree »

now that you have a LT+ on your dvd drive
the only way to dump the drive is by doing the mra trace cutting hack
it is a pain if you dont have at least a basic understanding of how to solder and cut small traces
in this vid it goes over what you would have to do

but
the good news is that as long as you have the OFW that was dumped from the drive you dont need/have to do the mra hack
you will just always build your new CFW using the OFW as the source firmware :? :D
did you keep up with that :D
then you just flash it in

i would have more that one backup of that firmware
also make sure to keep one copy off your pc
email it to your self or something like that
No Questions by PM.
JKinney
Peasant
Peasant

Post by JKinney »

Nice! Thanks for the help and video!. I have the original OFW from the stock-to-1.61 as well as the 1.61 to LT+ OFW. I assume it does not matter which one I use to build the CFW. Is this correct?

NP on soldering, electronic repair has always been my hobby.

I am convinced that the Black Ops backup issue is a burned disk problem. This is one of the most played games in the household. I will re-burn and report the findings.

Thanks again for your help!
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by CoFree »

yea
you can use any of those firmware to build a new CFW
but
I would always use the TRUE OFW from the drive
No Questions by PM.