hardware issues! no pwer mobo & shorted liteon pcb

Anything 360 that don"t have is own tread
juvix8888
Peasant
Peasant

hardware issues! no pwer mobo & shorted liteon pcb

Post by juvix8888 »

I have a box that had rrod. I applied a fix that I always do and it worked for a day. Then bam went to power on and it immediately powered off.

I read a post on here (http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php? ... 9761&st=45" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;) to check the U5B1 and U5B2 for voltage. I got out multimeter and touched the large tab and the lower small tab on each regulator while the multimeter was in 9v mode. Is this the appropriate way to do this. I got the readings 3.3 and 1.8 respectively.

however I do not know how or where to test the 5vsb to ground. could I get more detail from anyone? also if this is in fact a dead southbridge, could I swap it from another crap board. Ive read of people doing it successfully although mostly out of luck. I may be willing to risk it though. Or would anyone be able to get this board to power if i sent it for repair?

I am just trying to salvage one of these two boards. I have a good board with a busted liteon 9 (whole other story, lost power while ck3 modding and most likely shorted mt chip and no key). And this possible dead southbridge board with a good samsung drive. If i get the board to work I can give the samsung system to my buddy who's liteon died on me. And I'll keep his mother board since it is still good. I just can't swap the sammy to his board as i never got the liteon key.

Any solutions at all or more practiced persons willing to look at these busted boards, Id love to hear from you.

Return to “General information”