New Dashboard Update Safe?

Anything 360 that don"t have is own tread
anakin
Peasant
Peasant

New Dashboard Update Safe?

Post by anakin »

Hi guys.

I'm getting ready to buy xecuter's new x360usb pro device (x360usb.com) to be released on February 28. It supposedly allows you to flash your dvd drive without the need of a SATA card.

Since I bought my 360 console about one year ago and i haven't updated the dashboard since, i'm just wondering if it's safe for me to do so now one last time before i install this new device?
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Re: New Dashboard Update Safe?

Post by CoFree »

i would not put your console on live
you can do the update yourself

Update using a USB flash drive:
The USB flash drive must use the FAT32 file system.

1. Connect your USB flash drive to a USB port on your computer.
2. Click This to begin downloading the update folder. Save it as "$SystemUpdate9199.zip" anywhere on your computer.
3. Unzip the File.
4. Copy the contents from the unzipped folder onto the root of your flash drive.
5. Safely remove the flash drive from your computer and plug it into a USB port on your Xbox 360 console. If your console is on, turn it off, then back on. The update program will start automatically.
6. Select Yes when you are prompted to update the console software.

when you unrar the file it will make a folder
you dont put the folder that is on your desktop.
you open that folder and put that file on the flash
its the folder that is "$systemupdate" no numbers after it

make sure you have your HD on the console or enough room to do the update
"FIGHTING TYRANNY in a TECHNOLOGICAL NOTTINGHAM"
No Questions by PM.
HaGGardSmurf
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by HaGGardSmurf »

If your console is stock and never been flashed you can go online and get the update but if its been flashed or anything of the sort do it offline (follow cofree's post)

It's safer to do it offline, so if in doubt follow cofree's post. However if you know 100% this console has never seen a backup or a hacked firmware you can update it through live.
anakin
Peasant
Peasant

Post by anakin »

@ CoFree
Thanks man. I wrote down the steps and got the file. I appreciate the help. :D

btw, it's nice to see you again. Haven't seen you in awhile since the nfusion forum went down. damn i miss those days of testing receivers hehe
anakin
Peasant
Peasant

Post by anakin »

HaGGardSmurf wrote:If your console is stock and never been flashed you can go online and get the update but if its been flashed or anything of the sort do it offline (follow cofree's post)

It's safer to do it offline, so if in doubt follow cofree's post. However if you know 100% this console has never seen a backup or a hacked firmware you can update it through live.
well, i bought my 360 brand new in box back in december 2009. I know it hasn't been flashed since. So i guess it's safe to update then. Thanks for the help Haggard. And now, thanks to cofree, i know how to update the dashboard after i've flashed my dvd firmware. awesome! :D

Return to “General information”