moving profile

Anything 360 that don"t have is own tread
JaWzZz
Squire
Squire

moving profile

Post by JaWzZz »

is it ok to move your profile via memory card between a banned and an unbanned xbox?
trailz
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Re: moving profile

Post by trailz »

Yes, but a banned console flags the profile in such a way that the unbanned console cannot read it. You need to clear the flags with CON Flag Remover and then resign the profile with Hash Block Calculator before the unbanned console will let it sign in.
But there's no sense crying over every mistake,
you just keep on trying 'till you run out of cake.
technoe
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by technoe »

Be careful with this, because some newer games like Lego Harry Potter corrupt game saves on banned consoles a little differently. And as far as I know there is no way to uncorrupt these saves at the moment.
Today Money, Tomorrow the WORLD!!
trailz
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Post by trailz »

I haven't ever seen that. Everything I have come across can be uncorrupted and moved easily, sometimes without even needing to uncorrupt it. If individual games are indeed corrupting their saves in a new way, it may still be possible to mod the save file and fix it that way.
technoe
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by technoe »

Yeah trailz I've been trying but I can't seem to find the hex line that's making it corrupt.
Today Money, Tomorrow the WORLD!!
trailz
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Post by trailz »

Looks like you have to get a little creative to narrow down the options....

1. On an unbanned console, load up the game and start a new game. Save the game exit. Extract the save to your PC for backup. We'll call this the REFERENCE save.

2. Now start the game again on the same unbanned console. Load the reference save. Now exit. Do not let it save. If the game does not give you the option and forces the save shutdown the console using the jewel or pull the plug. Extract this file and call it LOADED.

These two steps should point out modifications the game makes to the file when it loads it. This doesn't leave out the possibility that the game corrupts the file when you save the game, however. So we should repeat step 2 with one modification. Load the game, but this time, as soon as the game loads, immediately bring up the game's menu and save. Do nothing else in between. Extract this file and call it SAVED. This will help us find modifications the game makes to the save file when writing is required.

Differencing the files is a little tricky since they should be treated as binary files. HexWorkshop has a nice differencing engine that points out large blocks rather than single bytes. It's not free, but there is a trial available. Google something like "differencing binary files" or "finding differences in binary files" to find other options.

Hope this helps. Good luck!!

Return to “General information”