Games won't boot - did before

The place for more technical questions about modding your Xbox 360!
machineGUNmike
Squire
Squire

Games won't boot - did before

Post by machineGUNmike »

First off I would like to say hello to everyone and say that this forum looks incredible (my first post).

I have been hacking XBOXes since the XBOX 1 and I lurk in the background at a few sites from time to time (what happened to 360mods anyhow?).

Here's my deal...

I have a Lite-On 7485C that I flashed a couple of months ago (LT+ 1.1) and it has always played my originals and backups just fine. I don't really use it much and it's only been online once or twice. I usually play on a stock box with my stock COD disc (kinda lazy sometimes).

Anyhow. The box hasn't been booted up for a couple of weeks or so. I backed up my copy of Homefront the other day and popped it into my box after it booted up. The dang game wouldn't boot. It said "reading the disc" for about three seconds and then the "open tray" message popped back up. Tried all of my backed up discs (which all worked great before) and none of them would boot so then I threw in a couple of original game discs and had the same problem. No games at all will boot. lol. The damn box just sits there at the desktop and stares at me. It works great other than the fact that it won't recognize any disc that I put in it.

I guess it's time for a reflash maybe? Worked great on all backups and originals for weeks and now nothing. The box has hardly any hours on it since I bought it new a while back. Any suggestions?

Thanks! 8-)
gazzer
Bandit
Bandit

Re: Games won't boot - did before

Post by gazzer »

the only thing i can come up with is the laser may have dirt on it try a cleaning disc can not see any other reason why its not reading the games if it was reading ok 3 weeks back it must be a dirty laser
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by CoFree »

well man
the flash cant go bad
so to speak.

try a dvd movie and see if that will play.
if its the laser dvd should not work

if you have a different 7400 around you could flash it and try it in your console
you can not spoof in a dvd drive or it will not platy any games with ap25 checks

glad to have you as a member
have fun :D

not sure about 360mods
it looks like they will be back up soon
"FIGHTING TYRANNY in a TECHNOLOGICAL NOTTINGHAM"
No Questions by PM.
machineGUNmike
Squire
Squire

Post by machineGUNmike »

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll give it a shot and holler back.
trailz
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Post by trailz »

Dirty laser lens sounds the most likely. Homefront is wave 11 and may need the new 12625 dash.
But there's no sense crying over every mistake,
you just keep on trying 'till you run out of cake.
nufcmickey
Trusted Member
Trusted Member

Post by nufcmickey »

I started getting this a few weeks back, I kept thinking I got a bad batch of media, I was sometimes getting a game to load, sometimes it would say play game with no picture and no ability to install or press the " Y " button for that matter. Then gradually got worse and started getting the open tray alot. I opened the box and what do ya know, full of dust mixed with the old canabis resin gave it a good hovering out, opened the drive, cleaned all that and carefully wiped the lens with a soft cloth and nows fine. Its not by all means perfect but works 99% of the time.
machineGUNmike
Squire
Squire

Post by machineGUNmike »

Gonna pop it back open tonite. I had it apart the other day and since it has almost no hours on it (I bought it new) it is clean as a whistle. Doesn't mean the laser might not be dirty though.

Return to “360 DVD Drive Flashing”