E64 problem

The place for more technical questions about modding your Xbox 360!
brooksey92
Peasant
Peasant

E64 problem

Post by brooksey92 »

i recently tried to update my xbox which seems to have broken it. i was wondering if anyone could help basically my xbox said it needed an update when during the update my system froze, i left it for about an hour hoping it would sort it self out but no luck so i was forced to turn the power off to restart it now i am stuck with an E64 error on my screen. I managed to start my xbox with the disc drive unplugged but once I plugged it in again the E64 error comes up again. Ive read on pther pages that this could have to do with the sata and power cables so ill try changing them but i am starting to think this could have to do with the firmware on the dvd drive failing.
Any ideas would be appreciated as this site has helped in the past :)
moonknight
Possible Ally of Robinhood
Possible Ally of Robinhood

Re: E64 problem

Post by moonknight »

Flash it back to your old firmware if you have it. E-64 is an error associated with your dvd drive, not necessarily associated with the cables. I got it once when I forgot to change keys to match, once I fixed that it worked.

Hope this helps.
brooksey92
Peasant
Peasant

Post by brooksey92 »

unfortunately i dont know how to flash my drive :( i had it done through this site last time as i got the disc read error so needed a new drive i have just tried new cables anyway and no luck so a reflash looks like the only answer...
HaGGardSmurf
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by HaGGardSmurf »

What drive is in your console? If it's a hitachi or even a samsung your console could have been one of the ones bricked by the update. M$ will replace it free of charge if you contact them (but make sure your warranty stickers are intact)

Some people have been having the same problem and have reported it fixes itself if they unplug the HDD power cycle the console a couple times. You can try that, you'll end up needing to plug the HDD back in to finish the update.
louisM92
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by louisM92 »

HaGGardSmurf wrote:What drive is in your console? If it's a hitachi or even a samsung your console could have been one of the ones bricked by the update. M$ will replace it free of charge if you contact them (but make sure your warranty stickers are intact)
no its not one of thos drives mate, it was me who he sent the drive to, its either a benq or a liteon drive :)
Need your drive flashed? PM me to sort something out ;)
OR email me at louismoylan@live.co.uk
Flashing in the UK
Also do drive replacements :)
HaGGardSmurf
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by HaGGardSmurf »

Weird, the console must have failed while trying to flash the drive.

Try a couple power cycles with and without the hard drive plugged in.
brooksey92
Peasant
Peasant

Post by brooksey92 »

thanks for the advice ive tried all your suggestions still nothing though :/
i think the update has just corrupt the firmware as it only partially updated
HaGGardSmurf
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by HaGGardSmurf »

That is very likely what happened.

It must be a benq in the console, if it were a lite-on the console should be able to redo the erase and flashing process.
brooksey92
Peasant
Peasant

Post by brooksey92 »

just payed £40 for a new drive and flash by louis09 the drive works fine but now i cant update so i cant go on live ....
this is getting ridiculous now.
The update downloads, the applying download bar fills up then after 10 minutes of waiting all i get is an error code :/
Other info that might help is the new drive is a benq, the power light is now flashing and sometimes "please connect controller" appears on the screen even though the controller is on and connected whilst the update is "applying".

Any suggestions
HaGGardSmurf
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by HaGGardSmurf »

Did you get a new benq? You should only have put a benq in the console no other drive.

Also, a flashed drive is useless at this point because it's trying to reflash your drive so your hacked FW will be gone.

This new update seems quite broken, I dont even know what to suggest to do at this point.

Return to “360 DVD Drive Flashing”