system update

The place for more technical questions about modding your Xbox 360!
convict0
Bandit
Bandit

system update

Post by convict0 »

ok all i have a flash 360 with LT+1.1 i turn on my flash 360 theres a system update for it whats the best way to go on this i dont wanna update can i flash back to original firmware then update it then flash back to LT+ or is there a new firmware coming out.just wanna know the best way to go with this. thanx

or i shouldnt do anything....unless wait and c if theres a new firmware....
trailz
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Re: system update

Post by trailz »

The only reason to update the dash is to play one of the newer games that needs it. I wouldn't go past 12625 right now, the newer one after it, 13146, is flashing the DVD drives and contains yet another AP25 update. 12625 should get you through the currently known 11 waves.

You don't need to flash back to stock fw to update the dash, just don't take anything later than 12625. LT+1.1 is still the latest version. Supposedly, 2.0 is coming soon, but I think it only adds support for the Liteon 0225.
But there's no sense crying over every mistake,
you just keep on trying 'till you run out of cake.
convict0
Bandit
Bandit

Post by convict0 »

well i flash back to original took update so now ill wait for 2.0...thanx or can i flash back to LT+ LT1.1 or dont flash back to none wait 4 2.0
jazuk123
Squire
Squire

Post by jazuk123 »

i have 2 drives setup on xbox , selected normal unflashed drive then updated . i switched back to flashed drive plays game no problem with lt1.1. hope this helps
convict0
Bandit
Bandit

Post by convict0 »

[quote="jazuk123"]i have 2 drives setup on xbox , selected normal unflashed drive then updated . i switched back to flashed drive plays game no problem with lt1.1. hope this helps[/quote

the 1 u updated on was that flashed..........so u updated it then reflash it with lt1.1 doe sit play all games?
louisM92
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by louisM92 »

apparently when the drive is flashed through the system update the drive is spoofed as another revision of a lite on drive, also the key is located in another place now due to the flash so you cant use jungle flasher to flash it, jungle flasher will be updated soon so it knows where to look for the key and how to flash the firmware, if you want to do the update then YOU WILL take away back up capabilities, hopefully LT+ 2.0 will be on its way to us REAL soon :)

someone correct me if any of the above info is wrong, thanks :)
Need your drive flashed? PM me to sort something out ;)
OR email me at louismoylan@live.co.uk
Flashing in the UK
Also do drive replacements :)
jazuk123
Squire
Squire

Post by jazuk123 »

Ihave Xecuter xDrive 360 - Black Edition so the drive in console is always the original drive thats not flashed,the drive on top is the flashed drive so when i update i switch back to main drive in console take update then switch back to flashed drive and i have played all games including LA NOIRE which is the game that causes the problem i believe. here is the link to the setup i have hope this makes things clearer http://www.ck3.co.uk/xbox-36-dvd-drives/
convict0
Bandit
Bandit

Post by convict0 »

thanx guys....
jazuk123
Squire
Squire

Post by jazuk123 »

your welcome hope it was of some help
louisM92
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by louisM92 »

jazuk123 wrote:Ihave Xecuter xDrive 360 - Black Edition so the drive in console is always the original drive thats not flashed,the drive on top is the flashed drive so when i update i switch back to main drive in console take update then switch back to flashed drive and i have played all games including LA NOIRE which is the game that causes the problem i believe. here is the link to the setup i have hope this makes things clearer http://www.ck3.co.uk/xbox-36-dvd-drives/
so your saying ou removed the xdrive, took the update that flashes the drive in the console, plugged in your xdrive and carried on playing your backups?

my friend has la noire but it wasnt that which had the update on, he took the update from xbox live.
Flashing in the UK
jazuk123
Squire
Squire

Post by jazuk123 »

Yip switched to stock drive inside xbox took update , switched back to flashed drive which as LT1.1 plays LA NOIRE no problem
louisM92
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by louisM92 »

cheers mate!
Flashing in the UK
jazuk123
Squire
Squire

Post by jazuk123 »

Your welcome

Return to “360 DVD Drive Flashing”