lite on laser

The place for more technical questions about modding your Xbox 360!
leedo55
Bandit
Bandit

lite on laser

Post by leedo55 »

i have just flashed a lite on drive and i am assuming the laser is on its way out in the drive as i have to keep opening and closing the
tray to make it read the disk.
i have 4 spare drives 1 benq, 2 sammys and a hitachi. since spoofing is no longer an option would 1 of the lasers out of one of my spare drives
fit the lite on?

thanks for any help
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Re: lite on laser

Post by CoFree »

the only one that may is the benq
but im 90% sure that even it will not work in a lite on drive
"FIGHTING TYRANNY in a TECHNOLOGICAL NOTTINGHAM"
No Questions by PM.
gazzer
Bandit
Bandit

Post by gazzer »

if you are going to play the console off line then you can spoof the benq drive as the liteon just done one today with no problems it will also work if you have taken the update but i dont know how safe it would be on live. i know some people are saying that spoofing doesent work with ap25 games but i have spoofed 3 drives and they all play the ap25 games
leedo55
Bandit
Bandit

Post by leedo55 »

i tried spoofing with the new firmware but it gives an error message now saying the firmware does not match the drive.
gazzer
Bandit
Bandit

Post by gazzer »

first have you updated the console with the original liteon drive in place if its not been updated you cant use the lt1.9 firmware until it has
leedo55
Bandit
Bandit

Post by leedo55 »

yeah console was dumped then updated then flashed, i will just have to find another lite on drive.
moonknight
Possible Ally of Robinhood

Post by moonknight »

I get my spare lasers from dealextreme.com pretty cheap. That is if you can wait on shipping time. Benq and liteon should be the same laser.
leedo55
Bandit
Bandit

Post by leedo55 »

thanks
devo
Peasant
Peasant

Post by devo »

I wonder about if the lazer is really going. It seems to me there where a lot of people saying they had to do the same thing after one of the last couple of FW updates, me included. A lot of my burnt games will not read right away also without opeing and closing the tray. My drive is a liteon also.
If you order a new lazer please come back a report on how well it worked out for you.
moonknight

Post by moonknight »

One other thing you could try (especially if you are going to change the laser anyway) is to adjust the setting for the laser strength. Google search for xbox 360 laser adjust and you can find a turorial for this. You will need a multimeter to do this adjustment.

The drawback to this method is that it can burn out the laser if the resistance is lowered too much.

Return to “360 DVD Drive Flashing”