Updating Liteon FW

The place for more technical questions about modding your Xbox 360!
stickperson
Peasant
Peasant

Updating Liteon FW

Post by stickperson »

Hey everyone,

I flashed my liteon drive (74850c) a while ago and my 360 froze while updating the dash (should have done some reading, doh!). Anyway, looks like I'll have to update my FW now. Some questions:

1) I can just download the Dash update and load it from a USB, right?
2) If 1 is right, do I have to go back to stock or no?
3) If I don't have to go back to stock and can just update the FW, do I have to use a connectivity kit? I still have all my files from the original dump, so no need to dump it again. The reason I ask is because I'm not sure if you have to do all the tray halfway/fully ejected stuff while flashing or if that's only for the dump.

Thanks so much!
louisM92
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Re: Updating Liteon FW

Post by louisM92 »

1. yeah updating from usb works great

2. the only way to get the update to finish is by going back to stock so you HAVE to :)

3. its safer to use a connectivity kit, using the xbox for power is more dagerous but its do-able, because you still have your original files you can open your dummy as source, original firmware as target, flash the original to the drive, take the update from your usb, open your dummy as source again (if you closed jungle flasher after flashing back to stock), open LT+ 1.91 as target, flash that to your drive and your done! :)
Need your drive flashed? PM me to sort something out ;)
OR email me at louismoylan@live.co.uk
Flashing in the UK
Also do drive replacements :)
stickperson
Peasant
Peasant

Post by stickperson »

Edit: Actually figured out what I need to do, but I'm having some problems during the flashing process. I'm using the newest version of JF and it freezes while writing the bank 0. I keep getting to that point and it keeps freezing. Deleted the VIA drivers, made sure PortIO was installed and running. Any clue what to do?

I was thinking about using iPrep but I don't want to have to dump my info again cause I don't have a kit. Thanks.
stickperson
Peasant
Peasant

Post by stickperson »

Update: got it working. Had to use another port on the card. http://www.flashed.me.uk/pics/viaport.jpg
louisM92
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by louisM92 »

Glad you got it sorted man, but a quick hint, always use the sata port closest to the front of your computer (the port shown the your picture) :)
Need your drive flashed? PM me to sort something out ;)
OR email me at louismoylan@live.co.uk
Flashing in the UK
Also do drive replacements :)

Return to “360 DVD Drive Flashing”