need help to jtag

The place to ask your questions about the Xbox 360
TaricTheDestroyer
Peasant
Peasant

need help to jtag

Post by TaricTheDestroyer »

ok i have been drive flashing since 05 and everything has been good to go..

now i have noticed that there are soomany benefits to JTAG and im thinking thats the way i want to go.
but before i do i have some questions i need answered please.

1. can a JTAG console go on XBL without being banned?
*note just to elaborate on that question. im trying to find out if its just as safe/unsafe as a flashed drived?

2. where can i find a good tutorial to JTAG?
*ive gone around and found a couple on youtube and other places but i cant find a good one. and i didnt seem to find one here. (maybe im jus tnot looking right)

3. reset glitch? whats that?
is that a jtag tutorial?

*EDIT*
i just found the jtag forum on this site but i dont see tutorials :(
moonknight
Possible Ally of Robinhood
Possible Ally of Robinhood

Re: need help to jtag

Post by moonknight »

Before you do anything, make sure you have an old enough kernal version on your xbox to do the jtag hack! Dashboard must be at version 7371 or lower.

1. No, you can't go online to xbl with a jtag'd 360 without getting banned. Strictly for offline use, or for use with xlink kai. One of the patches the xbox firmware gets is the removal of the 30 ms ping limit, so you can use it to play system link games on kai (for free).

2. Good tutorial here, this is what I follow do the actual hardware mod. http://www.se7ensins.com/forums/topic/2 ... 0-console/. For the software, I use jtag tool instead of ihc.

3. Reset Glitch can get a linux program called xell installed, but not much more for now, so not much use to the common user.

4. (I know you didn't ask a 4th question, but thought you might like to see this). http://www.robinhoodsplayground.com/for ... key#p69434 Don't know if these will be live safe, but they will be able to play games from hd on any version dashboard.

Return to “Beginners”