need a new drive

Anything 360 that don"t have is own tread
shaky
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

need a new drive

Post by shaky »

my drive as packed up it is a litreon 7485, my question is i know a while ago we had an update come down and xboxes would not update if it had a spoofed drive in it , i have a benq drive here now am i ok to use this now or will it stop me playing some games because i changed a drive for a friend a while ago his was originaly a 838 drive i spoofed a benq into it but after the update it would not even play original black ops or MWF2 , my xbox isnt flashed never as been because i go online a lot and dont want to risk it so can i use this benq ,
commando_lee
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood
Location: Up high in the tree looking out for the Sheriff of Nottingham

Re: need a new drive

Post by commando_lee »

Well a console i have here originaly had a 74850c drive and a benq was spoofed into the console. I placed the relevant benq Stock fw on the drive took the newest dash update about a week ago and then reflashed the benq with custom fw.

The process went without a problem
................................................................RobinHoods Very Own
.......................................Image
I do this for the fun and pleasure in helping people. But this is NOT my job. Post up on the boards with your question and some body will help you dont use the PM system.
shaky
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Post by shaky »

i think i should be ok now then in that case , i know when we had that update that chaged the firmware from 7484 to 2051 it would not update with a spoofed drive in it
thanks budy
HaGGardSmurf
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by HaGGardSmurf »

I'd be careful generally this latest update doesnt like spoofed drives. One good thing is the drive is a benq and is capable of ap 2.5 checks like the lite-on so you wont have failed checks, but the console may not like the spoofed drive.

Return to “General information”