DG-16D2S & Hitachi 47

The place for more technical questions about modding your Xbox 360!
brew4u
Peasant
Peasant

DG-16D2S & Hitachi 47

Post by brew4u »

Hey Now....

I'm hoping one of you smart S.O.B.'s can help me here cause apparently I'm an idiot. I have this liteon 93450C that came out of an Elite console, I pulled the key successfully, but couldn't ever get the cfw to load back on that drive. I think I jacked that PCB with my trace cuts to the point of no repair, so I just spoofed a hitachi 47 drive I had lying around until now. I'd like to update it to LT+2.0, but unless I'm mistaken, will not accept a spoofed drive anymore so I need to get a liteon back in it. I first tried using a pcb board off a spare liteon 7 and soldered it onto the liteon 9 with zero results. I figured since LT+ v1.9 onward, phat Lite-On will only have a single cfw version for 02510C that wouldn't be an issue. None-the-less...didn't work, can't see drive, and it won't power on. I then tried using spare liteon 7 drive #2, this time the entire drive. I pulled the key successfully but when I went to inject the cfw it froze up and I think bricked the drive. It's now doing the same thing as the other liteon and won't respond at all. I'm obviously doing something wrong and I now have 3 dvd drive that are all at this point worthless unless you all can hold my hand and guide me out of this mess.

I am using a via raid card and at one point I did have to reinstall the drivers, JF wouldn't search for via ports otherwise. But I did remove them again before I proceeded further. I've done that in the past but maybe I just got lucky before. Any ideas?

Lastly, sorry I know I'm really packing it in here, that Hitachi 47 drive I had spoofed with the liteon 9 key, I would like to return to stock. When I try the "return to stock" via JF it always states "bad inquiry" and aborts. I put it in mode B I have tried all the methods.... all with no success.

Thanks in advance to those that take not only the time to read this but to reply as well, I know it's allot of your time and I appreciate it greatly.

Cheers,

A.Brew
Thank you for being smarter than me.
HaGGardSmurf
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Re: DG-16D2S & Hitachi 47

Post by HaGGardSmurf »

Firstly I'd suggest just buying new drives. You can buy drives from fleabay for about $15-$20 a piece and they are brand new. (Or so they say, but I've never had an issue)

Personally I've been there in a similar situation and its just easier to replace the drive/drives rather than bashing your head against the wall. Once you get the new drives you can go from there with updating etc etc.

Return to “360 DVD Drive Flashing”