No original firmware

The place for more technical questions about modding your Xbox 360!
Baja
Squire
Squire

No original firmware

Post by Baja »

I have a buddy that bought a used 360 that he knows was flashed and he's asked me to put it back to stock. Obviously i don't have the original FW to put back on it.

When i was looking through the files in the new jungle flasher pack there was a folder with stock FW but multiples to choose from for each drive and i couldn't seem to match any with what i had laying around as an example even.

Is there a way to match up those numbers? Does that stock FW even work and put it totally back to stock? Is there a different way to accomplish this?
moonknight
Possible Ally of Robinhood

Re: No original firmware

Post by moonknight »

Take a read of the drive's current firmware, then look at the information in the first tab of jf. Pay attention to the location it says the key was found, then choose the correct original fw based on model of dvd drive and fw location. For example, the file orig-74850C-1c000.bin is an original firmware for the liteon 74850c, where the dvd key is stored at location 1c000. orig78-4c30.bin is a Hitachi model 78, with dvd key at 4c30, etc. If in doubt, post what you read in jf and we can help find the correct original fw.
Baja
Squire
Squire

Post by Baja »

That's kind of the direction my thinking was headed but i haven't got his yet and when a did a test read on an old benq i had laying around it came up as a 64930C and DVD key @ E040. The highest stock FW shows E030.. am i reading it right or is there no stock FW for that drive?
moonknight

Post by moonknight »

Higher rev firmware had the dvd key location change, not a big deal. Just flash the drive to the version that has the key located at the same as yours, after you take your console update and want to flash to LT, let jf choose the corrct bin.

Return to “360 DVD Drive Flashing”