DAE.bin Silently Updated on XBL

Have a read and let us know what you think.
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

DAE.bin Silently Updated on XBL

Post by CoFree »

DAE.bin Silently Updated on XBL on Current Public Dashboard

DAE.bin is being silently updated through Xbox Live with an additional challenge table! This happens on the current public dashboard version 2.0.13604.0 and there is no confirmation dialog or any known means to prevent it besides disconnecting your console from the internet.

If your DAE.bin has already been silently updated, AP25 backups that are patched with current AP25 replay data will fail the normal AP25 challenges outright! Note that all XGD3 games use AP25.

Use your originals if you want to play on Xbox Live.

*Update* More about it from c4eva
First and foremost, a warning — at this current time it is advised that you stay offline and avoid playing any AP2.5/XGD3 backups. It has been confirmed by the team that the dae.bin is now being silently updated on all LIVE-connected boxes.

This update is not being deployed via a SystemUpdate or TitleUpdate, but rather occurs in the background without any visual indication or prompt to the user. As such, there is no means by which it can be cancelled or avoided, other than not connecting to LIVE. If you’ve connected to LIVE in the past 24 hours, your system has likely already been updated with a changed dae.bin.

All AP2.5/XGD3 backups that contain the now older AP25 replay data will fail the system’s AP2.5 challenges and indeed flag your system (the flagging has also been confirmed by the team).

Like our news a few days ago, the dae.bin is now being changed by way of an appended challenge table in the same manner on current retail dashes (13604) as it is on the preview dash (14686), however the content of the challenge tables differ. The team has determined that the appended challenge table appears to be unique per console and contains indentifying information. This means that everyone’s dae.bin is different, and can potentially be traced back to your specific console. Therefore, sharing your dae.bin with others is not advisable.
"FIGHTING TYRANNY in a TECHNOLOGICAL NOTTINGHAM"
No Questions by PM.
hitman2
Peasant
Peasant

Re: DAE.bin Silently Updated on XBL

Post by hitman2 »

ok i thought something was up because i could play cod mw3 just fine & halo combat envoled. now for some reason when i try to play those games and newer ones i get a error disk not supported and i reflashed my drive and still the same thing but i can still play the older games just fine even gears 3. what gives?
BREAKFAST4
Peasant
Peasant

Post by BREAKFAST4 »

I knew something was up yesterday, I was playing mw3 and went to dash and it wouldn't load anymore. Oh well, I know I am flagged and will go get another one for the future.
paddypitbug
Bandit
Bandit

Post by paddypitbug »

YEP SAME THING HERE FOLKS (personal note for Rizzwan as proof to research) - Liteon 74 latest firmware - re-stored back to stock - reflashed - tried new stock drive ... again same thing - o.k it looks like LT 2.02 is gonna be needed !!!!!!! , because my mate has his done an been on xbl 10 days ago so he's not had no Dae . Bin alteration ... as yet ! - so his mw3 still works fine nf4s r !.

Also could the dae bin file already have been impregnated into these games then as they waited for the break through in the new firmware it actulay allowed play of back-ups but look what happend when a date after firmware after ltmax and firmware flash of ihas drives being found to work with lt max firmware and lt 2.00 + ix then we stood out like plums and wack .... decked.
jjblade
Peasant
Peasant

Post by jjblade »

so is this a case of a new abgx to patch the bin file with like a mirror type patch if you get what i mean so it kind of mirrors the correct dae.bin for each indevidual xbox you put the game in or is it new firmware or am i just way of the mark lol ??
oh and im one of the lucky ones that only connects my xbox's to live if i ever want to go on which i havent at all sinse xdg3 cam about so all my stuff still works fine ;)
jay
Bandit
Bandit

Post by jay »

Well it got me just because I was plugged into live to watch avi format films which u have to be to play them.Just tried all my current back ups which i dont play on live and there all dead :cry: Anyone think there will be a way around this or is it new console time for off line only?My son who also has a flashed console has got away with it as he has been playing mw3 on his standard console so the flashed one wasn't plugged into live.I'm going to have to borrow it long term!!Time for c4eva to work his magic once more I hope ;)
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by CoFree »

jay wrote: I was plugged into live to watch avi format films which u have to be to play them.
that is not correct man
you dont have to be on live to watch avi files
but
you do have to have the avi update on a console
that the Hd ,console and profile are all the same on the download system
hmmm
what im getting at is the avi update is married to the console ,hd and profile
i have had to have guys start a new profile on a console ,hd just to get the update so it would play offline
because thay had changed the Hd round from one console to another for some reason

my daughters and i use the avi movies on a banned console almost every night ;)
No Questions by PM.
jay
Bandit
Bandit

Post by jay »

If only i had known that earlier!i was signing in every time because it said i needed an update but it said it every time so that's what i was doing,didn't know it was something wrong!
Anyway read this on another site(torrent forum)and I haven't tried it myself but its supposed to get your games working again,but i don't think it means online.heres the web page-hxxp://www.xpgamesaves.com/topic/26931-how-to- ... in-update/
jay
Bandit
Bandit

Post by jay »

Just read your post again about the avi file downloadand i haven't had the hd off the console for quite a bit,but every time I go to watch a film it asks me to sign in.How do i go about sorting it or can i not now i've been flagged as my games don't work?Thanks J
BREAKFAST4
Peasant
Peasant

Post by BREAKFAST4 »

He is absolutely correct, you MUST be logged in to watch avi files. It has been this way for at least a few months now. When it first happened to me i was perplexed.

And I am also gonna take a leap here and say if you booted your console after the dae.bin update with an ap25 disk then YES you are flagged and YES you will be banned eventually. The banning is not going to be much different that it was in October 09 banhammer palooza. m$ is gonna get a ton of flags and then sit on it for a little bit and then unleash holy hell. yes this is all opinion based on experience.

EDIT: although this part confuses me, if the 0800 disks are exact rips of the dvd, how is it the regular disks will work and the copies wont after an ap25 table update?
EDIT 2: this is what i get on my 360, the dash is whatever Live has now, liteon lt2.0, I was trying at tv show in avi format.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Last edited by BREAKFAST4 on Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:21 pm, edited 3 times in total.
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by CoFree »

BREAKFAST4 wrote:He is absolutely correct, you MUST be logged in to watch avi files.
hmmm
ill check my live console tonight
i never watch avi files on it
to check that out

the console we watch avi files on was banned .i dont know how long ago
but
it does not get on live but i have it hooked
to the network just to watch movies (avi) from my pc or from a flash ALL THE TIME
4 or 5 times a week.
and of course its not on live.

maybe it was in a dash up date
im not even sure what dash my banned console has.
No Questions by PM.
jay
Bandit
Bandit

Post by jay »

Hi thats the same with me i'm hooked up with wireless thing in the back of the xbox and only have silver(let my gold run out wasn't playin' online enough)It won't play the avi until I sign in to my silver account same with my sons.think it's something to do with codecs.Jay
dalecheesy
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by dalecheesy »

Bit late now if you've been banned but i've been playing avi files on my 360 for ages. Plays offline straight away as long as you've downloaded the codec support onto a new silver account. Anywho back onto topic. They seem to be quite crafty by checking different .dae challenges depending on individual 360's which will be a nightmare to bypass. :(
yankeesrule
Peasant
Peasant

Post by yankeesrule »

anyone knows if you can get the silent update without going online, another words can you get it from just loading a game and play of line..thanks
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by CoFree »

yankeesrule wrote:can get the silent update without going online,
no
you cant as far as i know

BREAKFAST4 wrote:He is absolutely correct, you MUST be logged in to watch avi files.
once and for all
this is wrong :roll:
You do not have to be sign in to live if you have the update running on a profile console and storage that originally took the update

the avi update is a "DLC"
as long as all the 3 things match, profile ,console and storage
then it WILL play a avi without being hooked to live
just like normal game dlc

if for some reason it wont
then start a new profile with silver,sign in to live
put a avi movie in to play
it will give you that message about playing again
all that is doing is letting M$ servers know you want the update
after getting the update
you will be able to play avi files OFFLINE on that profile
as long as all 3 thing stay together