DAE.bin Silently Updated on XBL

Have a read and let us know what you think.
BREAKFAST4
Peasant
Peasant

Re: DAE.bin Silently Updated on XBL

Post by BREAKFAST4 »

I still disagree. Maybe I am missing something and could be wrong, but this is how i came to my decision.

I have an xbox 360 that has had the "dlc" codec since the day i got it. The hdd, profile, ect. has been the same since day 1. This console is on live all the time (was till this week) When I get an avi file it will not open until I log into live. I have had my jtag do this also a few times in fsd 2.0. This is new in the last few months i had not gotten that code i posted above ever before. I am going out on a limb here but, if the requirement to play and avi is being on Live then in order for that to happen it had to be in a dash update. So offline, banned consoles that have had to update via disk update that get that error cannot log into live and therefore cannot play the file. That what is happening here for at least some files not all, blue mountain state tv show is what is has been happening with. Like I said above I have the optional media update for both consoles. It is the first thing I download when I get a console, because it used to be if you were banned you could still use it for media player. Not sure now since they disabled more features now than they used too in a ban, ie: corrupt id, game saves, disable use of usb drives, disable windows media center.

EDIT: Dale was correct, even though I had never transferred anything, i had to get a silver account and DL it again. thanks
Last edited by BREAKFAST4 on Sat Nov 19, 2011 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Re: DAE.bin Silently Updated on XBL

Post by CoFree »

BREAKFAST4 wrote:I still disagree. Maybe I am missing something and could be wrong, but this is how i came to my decision.

I have an xbox 360 that has had the "dlc" codec since the day i got it. The hdd, profile, ect. has been the same since day 1. This console is on live all the time (was till this week) When I get an avi file it will not open until I log into live.
then there is something wrong with your setup

nuff said
"FIGHTING TYRANNY in a TECHNOLOGICAL NOTTINGHAM"
No Questions by PM.

Return to “Front Page News”