Lite On 74 ....very strange

The place for more technical questions about modding your Xbox 360!
bittersuit_98
Bandit
Bandit

Lite On 74 ....very strange

Post by bittersuit_98 »

This is an xbox with a bad lite On 74 drive. The box does not have the dashboard update. I used my ck3pro with JF. JF reports that the bad drive is a 74 with key verified. I made successful Extraction of the dummy and all other relevant files (inquiry, key, etc). Extraction appeared to be good (Dummy shows as random numbers and letters). I flashed the dummy into the replacement drive so I can take the update and then hack it. According to the JF log, the erase and the write went OK. But when I send the outro, the drive goes unresponsive. It freezes up badly. I have to use the l-o-eras method to recover the replacement drive.

I tried loading my dummy and flashing it with hacked lt 1.1 (just for testing purposes) and it says that the key couldn't be verified. If I do the erasing and the writing, JF in fact writes the hacked FW but once i click on the outro key the drive dies.

For more testing, I loaded a dummy.bin from a different 74 xbox. I used hacked lt 1.1 into replacement drive and I had no problem. Works like a champ.

My guess is that something is wrong with the dummy file. But it's strange. I dumped it twice.
I still have the original 74 drive. I haven't messed with it except for dumping the keys.

Any ideas?

Return to “360 DVD Drive Flashing”