Help With Modding Xbox 360?

The place to ask your questions about the Xbox 360
nxdragon
Bandit
Bandit

Help With Modding Xbox 360?

Post by nxdragon »

Ok so i have a Hitachi-LG Version 0046DG dvd drive and i want to hack it. Were do i start. Like what is the best firmware to use that is out now. Also how do i connect my xbox 360 dvd drive to my computer? What tools should i use to hack my firmware? I know i have a lot of question and sorry about that but at this point i m lost. I can get my xbox 360 open and that is the first good part but i m stuck at what i should pick up. So if someone could help me it would be great. Thanks, Nxdragon.
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Re: Help With Modding Xbox 360?

Post by CoFree »

ok man
first read of this guide by textbook.
http://www.robinhoodsplayground.com/for ... =110&t=662" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

watch the video guide
http://www.robinhoodsplayground.com/for ... =110&t=322" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

with a older hit dvd drive i use a x360usb-sata and a connectivity kit
http://www.divineo.com/cgi-bin/div-us/dd-360-xusb" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
this is by far the easiest way to get the dvd drive into modeB.
you will find out what that is soon :D
there are way to get it in modeb with slax but it can be a pain on a new guy.

after you have looked over that info and have a question just post away.
and we will see if we can help. :D
"FIGHTING TYRANNY in a TECHNOLOGICAL NOTTINGHAM"
No Questions by PM.
sadalius
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by sadalius »

You have an older hitachi. This is good but can be bad at the same time. It's easy to flash, but it can be a pain to get to read backups.

Here is a list of things that you'll need. Somethings are not required, but will make flashing the hitachi very easy.

1. Firmware toolbox (latest version available right here on our site)
2. a DVD movie or original xbox 360 game.
3. A compatible sata controller. VIA 6421a recommended.
4 A connectivity kit. This will allow you to connect the drive to your computers power supply and easily get the drive into mode b which is necessary to flash the drive. You can get by without it, but you have to use either a version of slax linux or the two wire trick to get it into mode b, and I don't recommend the two wire trick. You would have to use the 360 as the power supplu in this case and connect the drive to the PC with only the sata cable. The connectivity kit is highly recommended and you can use any connectivity kit that you like in your case as long as it has a mode b and eject button on the connectivity kit.

As for what to do, there are guides in our tutorial section on flashing the hitachis, read, read and read some more. Then you'll be ready for your project.
Sadalius

No questions by PM please
nxdragon
Bandit
Bandit

Post by nxdragon »

OK so i read up and now once i get enough money i m ready to go though just posting here to show you what i will be using to see what you think.

1.Hitachi 0046D
2.ImageImage <---- That is included with the Xecuter Xbox 360 USB X360USB or Image or Image What one do you thinK?

3. Windows Vista
4.iXtreme1.4_Hitachi ( Hacked FW) from Xbins.

I also heard that you need to use another computer power supply is that true? So what do you guys think about this setup that i m going to be using? Is it good and also on number 2 what one should i buy that will work well? I just asking before i start off Flashing just because i want to make sure everything is right. What one on number 2 will be the easiest and most effective way of flashing my Xbox 360? Also i have a question about flashing my drive, The Key Code what is that used for and what happens if that Key gets messed up? What if my Dvd-Drive get bricked or screwed up in some way. How will that key help my getting into its original state? Also when using like the X360 USB will i need to still use the Slax CD or one of the methods that are listed on this site or can i just use the Connectivity Kit. When this is said ** HITACHI-LG GDR-3120L ONLY DOES NOT UPDATE DVD FIRMWARE ON ANY OTHER DRIVES!!! will that work with my drive? Sorry about all of the questions but hey it is good to get them out there. Also Thanks for all the help and i hope to hear back from you guys soon.
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by CoFree »

i would not get the blaster that you showed for your hit dvd drive v46.
i would get the x360usb to sata. and the connectivity kit.you will need a way to power the dvd drive that is hooked to the kit.
most of us use a old AT computer power supply to do it.
the first one jman and i did we used a old power supply from a old xbox.
nxdragon wrote:The Key Code what is that used for and what happens if that Key gets messed up?
on a hit drive its not as bad as the sam or the benq.
when you flash your drive the firmware will write around the key.the key is a string of letters and numbers that is unique to your drive.if lets say you evey have to re[place your drive as long as you have your key you can flash it in a new drive and it will work in your console.if you dont have that key then its over.all you will ever get from it is a nice dvd player.
after you have flashed the drive you will want to make a copy of the
was.file and the key for safe keeping
.that means make a copy and keep at least one copy off your computer.
i emailed a copy to myself at yahoo and put it in a save folder there.
nxdragon wrote:when using like the X360 USB will i need to still use the Slax CD
no.that is what is so great about the x369 and the connective kit.you will push a button on the kit and you are in modeB. :D
nxdragon wrote:will that work with my drive?
you want the
ixtreme v1.4 hacked firmware.

go to xbins. then
xbox360>firmware>hacked firmware>hitachi lg gdr 3120l>ixtreme v1.4 hitachi.rar
get that file.

the other good thing.the x360 usb will work from a usb.it does not need a sata port at all.
let us know if you need anything and keep us posted how it goes.
No Questions by PM.
nxdragon
Bandit
Bandit

Post by nxdragon »

OK so i m going to need the X360 USB and also the piece that is in the third picture? Just asking. Now the thing about the power supply how does that work? So this right here has everything i need http://www.divineo.com/cgi-bin/div-us/dd-360-xusb ? I think all of my questions are finally asked. Thanks.
Jman 31
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by Jman 31 »

nxdragon wrote:OK so i m going to need the X360 USB and also the piece that is in the third picture?
Yes. You will need a molex power supply of some sort (Cofree and I both use one out of old computers)to power the connectivity kit. It will plug into the white plastic box on the end of the kit. It is just like the power plug that is on a standard dvd or hard drive in a typical computer. That in turn has a wire that comes with it that will power the xbox 360 dvd drive while you flash it. You can even use another computer, if you like, to get the power. It just has to be a supply that will not shut off when you reboot your flashing computer during the process.
nxdragon wrote:So this right here has everything i need http://www.divineo.com/cgi-bin/div-us/dd-360-xusb" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ?
yes, except for the power supply I just mentioned.

Definitely watch and read the guides that Cofree posted in his first post. Become very familiar with the process. And if you run into a snag, we're here to help.
ROBINHOOD'S PLAYGROUND
nxdragon
Bandit
Bandit

Post by nxdragon »

No does the power supply have to be a certain size? I have 2 of them from other computers. Thanks for all of the help. I might be getting that kit today at the mall because they have it their. Thanks everyone.
Jman 31
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by Jman 31 »

No. Just a standard power supply. Any from a computer should work fine as long as the on off switch is not routed through the mother board. If it is routed through the mother board then you will have to have it in the computer for it to work. Like cofree said, we used an old xbox1 to power our first flash we ever did, so its not that critical. You just need to power the connectivity kit.
ROBINHOOD'S PLAYGROUND
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by CoFree »

no
none of the new power supply will work.

it has to be from a old computer.
it has to be a old AT power supply that turns on/off from a switch on the power supply.

all the new power supply get there on/off from the computer mother board and will not work.
No Questions by PM.
Jman 31
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by Jman 31 »

CoFree wrote:no
none of the new power supply will work.

it has to be from a old computer.
it has to be a old AT power supply that turns on/off from a switch on the power supply.

All the new power supply get there on/off from the computer mother board and will not work.
apparently you didn't read my post cofree. You can use the newer power supply if it is in the other computer attached to the mother board.
ROBINHOOD'S PLAYGROUND
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by CoFree »

ive had to many this morning already. :oops:
even i make mistakes some time. :cry:

I would just like to say publicly im sorry to jman for missing his post.
i dont want anything ive done to hurt his fillings.

I'm sorry man. :?
No Questions by PM.
sadalius
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by sadalius »

You can even use the newer power supplies without the computer or motherboard. An atx power supply can be turned on by connecting the green wire (pin 14) from the power connector one of the ground wires or black wires (pin 3,5,7,13,15,16 or 17). That info was on 20 pin atx power supplies. Here is a pic of the connector:

The newer 24 pin atx's use pin 16 for PSON and pins 3,5,7,15,17,18,19 and 24 for ground. don't recommend this because not all power supply companies conform to the standard wire color scheme so you could cross the wrong wires and blow the power supply. Here is a pic of that connector:

Just thought I would throw that out there and try and end this little quandary before it got to heated :D
Sadalius

Jman 31
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by Jman 31 »

CoFree wrote:ive had to many this morning already. :oops:
even i make mistakes some time. :cry:

I would just like to say publicly im sorry to jman for missing his post.
i dont want anything ive done to hurt his fillings.

I'm sorry man. :?
Damn right! And don't you forget it! :twisted: :D oh and sadalius, don't be throwin' gas on the fire! :D :D :D
ROBINHOOD'S PLAYGROUND
sadalius
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by sadalius »

I'm not, but you may want to re-read my post. I have since edited it and added more information. And I'm not throwing gas on the fire, just reminding you both that anyone can be wrong ;)
Sadalius

Return to “Beginners”