Sorry for “Major” Metal Gear Online Problems

CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Sorry for “Major” Metal Gear Online Problems

Post by CoFree »

Konami Sorry for “Major” Metal Gear Online Problems
By Tom Ivan

“We would like to take this opportunity to express our most sincere apologies for the problems that have affected all our customers that have been with us since the Premiere Beta back in April"

"We regret to inform that the release of the expansion pack Metal Gear Online Gene Expansion on 17th July 2008 was marred by major system related problems resulting in great inconvenience for all our customers,” reads a statement on MGO’s official site.

Konami has published a timelined report detailing the problems, noting that high user demand crippled the company’s servers shortly after the release of the Gene Expansion, leading to the temporary closure of aspects of the MGO service such as the MGO Shop and the Reward Shop.

Some users have found themselves unable to log into the game, while a number of customers’ payment records were incorrectly processed, although Konami says that all users who were overcharged for content have now been refunded following emergency maintainence.

Regarding its plans to tackle the ongoing problems, Konami says it will be implementing new strategies to reduce waiting time when making purchases from the MGO Shop, while there is currently no time schedule for the re-opening of the Reward Shop.

“We have been taking numerous corrective measures since the problems initially started, but unfortunately there are no permanent solutions we can announce at this present moment,” the company’s statement continues.

“We would like to take this opportunity to express our most sincere apologies for the problems that have affected all our customers that have been with us since the Premiere Beta back in April.

“We are currently doing all in our powers to bring a permanent solution to the ongoing problems in the quickest time possible.”
"FIGHTING TYRANNY in a TECHNOLOGICAL NOTTINGHAM"
No Questions by PM.
MsK
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Re: Sorry for “Major” Metal Gear Online Problems

Post by MsK »

This shit is to be expected as playstation developers like konami are only just 'truely' entering the multiplayer aspect of gaming.. sure there previous games might have had a multiplayer option but in reality the online service on playstation (ps2, psp) has always been limited!

PSN has a long way to go to catch up - & devs are kind of stuck in this loop 2.
I'm sure it will get much closer to where it needs to be soon but where will it's main rival xbox-live be at that point?? much further ahead I should imagine ;)
parminder
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by parminder »

holy crap i didnt play my mgs online for few days and this happens i am glad i didnt buy anything
flashed 16 benQ, 8 Sams25, 3 sam28, 2 hit 0059dj, 2 0047dh 3 0047dj, still stuck on 0078fk, failed 0047dj hardware

Sesshomaru
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Post by Sesshomaru »

MsK wrote:This shit is to be expected as playstation developers like konami are only just 'truely' entering the multiplayer aspect of gaming.. sure there previous games might have had a multiplayer option but in reality the online service on playstation (ps2, psp) has always been limited!

PSN has a long way to go to catch up - & devs are kind of stuck in this loop 2.
I'm sure it will get much closer to where it needs to be soon but where will it's main rival xbox-live be at that point?? much further ahead I should imagine ;)
Well said, PSN in particular EA's servers have done nothing but piss off hardcore gamers with lag, maintainence issues, and crashes making cross country online gaming near-impossible.
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by CoFree »

Sesshomaru wrote:making cross country online gaming near-impossible.

hell i have trouble across town,and it a small ass town. :lol:
"FIGHTING TYRANNY in a TECHNOLOGICAL NOTTINGHAM"
No Questions by PM.

Return to “General information”