How to use a different drive in your Xbox 360 (spoofing)

sadalius
Robinhood
Robinhood

How to use a different drive in your Xbox 360 (spoofing)

Post by sadalius »

If you've had a 360 go belly up on you, or you just want to use a different DVD drive in your xbox 360, you can do it. You can replace a new Benq with your old Samsung or any combination. You basically need to be able to get a dump of both drives, and you need 360 Firmware Toolbox version 4.5. In this walk through, I'll be replacing an MS-25 with an MS-28 drive and then spoofing to a Benq 64930C, but it will work for any drive out there that you can get dumps of.

First thing you need to do right after you get the dumps is to swap your drive keys. This is a pretty simple process. Start by opening Firmware Toolbox. Then open the dump of the drive that you want to swap keys with. In this example, I'm going to replace the key of a Samsung MS-28 with the key from a MS25. Click once on the key and then right click and select copy.

Now click file and open and select the dump of the firmware that you want to replace the key in. In this case, my ms-28 dump. Now click the key thats shown and then right click and select paste. Verify that the key has been properly inserted and once you have, click the Replace Key button.

You should get a message that says it was replaced.

With this firmware still open, we're ready to "spoof" or change the ID of the firmware so your 360 will still think that it's the drive thats being replaced. Click Tools and then Spoof Firmware.

From the list that pops up, select the drive that your spoofing to. In my case, a Benq, and click apply spoof.

Now you should be back to the main Firmware Toolbox screen and it should tell you the ROM version that the firmware was and that the Firmware is being spoofed as what ever you chose to spoof it to.

Thats it, your done. Your ready to flash the firmware to the drive and use it in your 360. If you have original dumps and want hacked firmware, you'll have to create your hacked firmware from your newly key switched and spoofed original. Just keep in mind to keep your firmware files straight so you won't get the keys mixed up and such.

If your still having trouble with spoofing click THIS make sure to have java installed and flash player or you won't be able to watch.

And in case your wondering, the keys that are displayed here are not real. They are fake keys made up for the purpose of this guide and video.

Happy Modding Everyone!!
Sadalius

No questions by PM please

Return to “Drive Flashing Tutorials”