Faulty Sony Playstation 3

parminder
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Faulty Sony Playstation 3

Post by parminder »

just wondering , if change the hard drive on the console will it make this work as i think it may but not sure,
this is what the message says/ The PS3 powers up but “Hard Disk File - System is corrupted will not format" is displayed on the screen. what do you think,
flashed 16 benQ, 8 Sams25, 3 sam28, 2 hit 0059dj, 2 0047dh 3 0047dj, still stuck on 0078fk, failed 0047dj hardware

sadalius
Robinhood
Robinhood

Re: Faulty Sony Playstation 3

Post by sadalius »

Looking at it from a computer stand point, I think its basically telling you that it can't read the hard drive. Replacing it could fix it, and I would say more than likely that is the culprit. But, keep in mind that it could also be other things like the connection between the HDD and the motherboard, I've not seen the insides of a PS3 so I don't know if they have hard drive cables, but if they do, that could be the problem as well.
Sadalius

No questions by PM please
BobSeager
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by BobSeager »

Just a thought- Doesn't the ps3 manual instruct you on how to do it? I think sony has released step-by-step instructions on how to do it.

I dunno how much this will help, but here's a guide http://www.gamersreports.com/article/43/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I also have seen tray adapters which allow you to put IDE drives in.
parminder
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by parminder »

yeah thnx for reply but yeh i no how to swap drives on ps3, but just needed to know if that was the problem and it could be any of those sadalius listed. i just let the ps3 go anywya.
flashed 16 benQ, 8 Sams25, 3 sam28, 2 hit 0059dj, 2 0047dh 3 0047dj, still stuck on 0078fk, failed 0047dj hardware

MsK
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by MsK »

parminder wrote:yeah thnx for reply but yeh i no how to swap drives on ps3, but just needed to know if that was the problem and it could be any of those sadalius listed. i just let the ps3 go anywya.
replacing the drive will most likley sort this problem
The damaged drive might be fixable also, connect it upto a pc & re-rormat it (you will lose your saves)
parminder
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by parminder »

yeh man thanks but i missed it as it was up on auction. thanks

Return to “General information”