Kreon Drive

Any thing that should be in the toilet can and should be posted here!
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Re: Kreon Drive

Post by CoFree »

sadalius wrote:Make sure the TS-H353B is selected in the drop down
That is all important.
If you do not put the ts-h353B in the drop down.It could/will cause a problem.
running the n0-check command will flash any drive that is in drop down.
"FIGHTING TYRANNY in a TECHNOLOGICAL NOTTINGHAM"
No Questions by PM.
cyantific
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by cyantific »

3 days ago the auction ended. I have sent 4 e-mails and even phoned the seller but to no avail -- she will not return any of my attempted contacts.

May have to keep searching for a drive :(
RHPG, home away from home :)
sadalius
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by sadalius »

I've had a couple of buys like that. Seller doesn't return messages, blah blah blah. The very first time it happened to me, I went so far as to file a complaint with paypal. It had been about 2 weeks since I had won the auction before I turned to paypal for relief. Two days after I filed the complaint, I received the item in the mail. So I dropped the complaint. Then the next time, I waited a while before I tried anything through paypal since the seller was not making an effort to communicate with me. Sure enough, the item showed up in a couple of weeks. Keep in mind that in neither case did I receive anything besides the ebay notice that I had won the auctions. Didn't receive anything telling me when the item shipped or anything. I think communication is key when it comes to ebay. I let these sellers know through rating them.
Sadalius

No questions by PM please
cyantific
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by cyantific »

sadalius wrote:I've had a couple of buys like that. Seller doesn't return messages, blah blah blah. The very first time it happened to me, I went so far as to file a complaint with paypal. It had been about 2 weeks since I had won the auction before I turned to paypal for relief. Two days after I filed the complaint, I received the item in the mail. So I dropped the complaint. Then the next time, I waited a while before I tried anything through paypal since the seller was not making an effort to communicate with me. Sure enough, the item showed up in a couple of weeks. Keep in mind that in neither case did I receive anything besides the ebay notice that I had won the auctions. Didn't receive anything telling me when the item shipped or anything. I think communication is key when it comes to ebay. I let these sellers know through rating them.
I would agree that communication is the key on eBay. However, I have not sent the money but requested an invoice. I'll give it a couple more days but after that just going to give negative review and look for another.
MsK
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by MsK »

if you really struggle i'll ship you my spare - there's plenty about in the uk.
not sure what shipping costs would be tho...
cyantific
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by cyantific »

MsK wrote:if you really struggle i'll ship you my spare - there's plenty about in the uk.
not sure what shipping costs would be tho...
I appreciate that man but today in my inbox was the invoice for the drive (finally)!

Paid -- now the waiting game and holiday weekend in the states ;)
cyantific
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by cyantific »

Drive is installed. On the sticker on top of the drive it clearly says it is a model B not A but:

Using the above program I tried flashing with:

SH-D163A_SB01_KREON_V100
SH-D163B_SB01_KREON_V100

The program would not accept either *.bin. I guess I have the wrong one?
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by CoFree »

sadalius wrote:you'll have to start sfdnwin.exe in a particular manner. Open a command prompt where you extracted the kreon files. Then type "sfdnwin.exe -nocheck" without the quotes and hit enter. This will start the flashing program without any firmware checking so basically it doesn't care what drive it is your flashing

you have to flash that drive like sadalius said.
you cant use the program that came with the firmware.
No Questions by PM.
cyantific
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by cyantific »

CoFree wrote:
sadalius wrote:you'll have to start sfdnwin.exe in a particular manner. Open a command prompt where you extracted the kreon files. Then type "sfdnwin.exe -nocheck" without the quotes and hit enter. This will start the flashing program without any firmware checking so basically it doesn't care what drive it is your flashing

you have to flash that drive like sadalius said.
you cant use the program that came with the firmware.
I looked through the tutorials but may have overshot it --- what am I looking for?
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by CoFree »

its all there man.
CoFree wrote:sadalius wrote:you'll have to start sfdnwin.exe in a particular manner. Open a command prompt where you extracted the kreon files. Then type "sfdnwin.exe -nocheck" without the quotes and hit enter. This will start the flashing program without any firmware checking so basically it doesn't care what drive it is your flashing
"Open a command prompt where you extracted the kreon files. Then type "sfdnwin.exe -nocheck" without the quotes and hit enter."

that is what you do to flash the drive

make sure the drive is in the drop down or it could flash the wrong dvd drive.
No Questions by PM.
cyantific
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by cyantific »

CoFree wrote:its all there man.
CoFree wrote:sadalius wrote:you'll have to start sfdnwin.exe in a particular manner. Open a command prompt where you extracted the kreon files. Then type "sfdnwin.exe -nocheck" without the quotes and hit enter. This will start the flashing program without any firmware checking so basically it doesn't care what drive it is your flashing
"Open a command prompt where you extracted the kreon files. Then type "sfdnwin.exe -nocheck" without the quotes and hit enter."

that is what you do to flash the drive

make sure the drive is in the drop down or it could flash the wrong dvd drive.
Ah yeah I'm blind :P

Ran it in 'nocheck' mode and loaded the .bin and hit Start Download.

Just tells me flash failed. Drive is not bricked though -- runs CDs fine.
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by CoFree »

man you will have to wait till later
for sadalius or me to get home.
i dont have that kind of drive here at my shop
No Questions by PM.
cyantific
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by cyantific »

CoFree wrote:man you will have to wait till later
for sadalius or me to get home.
i dont have that kind of drive here at my shop
NP. I have a concert tonight (Journey and Heart) anyways. I'll catch you guys later ~
sadalius
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by sadalius »

I've read that some people get that. Then they rebooted the computer and it recognized the drive as a different drive and they tried it with xbox backup creator and it worked. So you might try it and see if it works to rip. If not, I'm not sure why it isn't working. You might try flashing it on a different computer maybe?
Sadalius

No questions by PM please
cyantific
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by cyantific »

sadalius wrote:I've read that some people get that. Then they rebooted the computer and it recognized the drive as a different drive and they tried it with xbox backup creator and it worked. So you might try it and see if it works to rip. If not, I'm not sure why it isn't working. You might try flashing it on a different computer maybe?
I had it plugged into the VIA card I used to flash my 360 because my onboard SATA wasn't picking it up. Trying that again then I'll try my main computer if that does not work.

Moved to my main computer and voila

Return to “The Outhouse”