Call of Duty 6 is in the making

All console Gaming News will be here.
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Call of Duty 6 is in the making

Post by CoFree »

Infinity Ward: Call of Duty 6 is in the making

Call of Duty: World at War (Call of Duty 5), the fifth title in the franchise, hasn't even been released yet and some of us (including me) are still busy playing Call of Duty 4 (it's greatness, it really is), but that didn't stop Activision from announcing during a recent conference that Call of Duty 6 is already in the making, will be shipping in 2009 and is developed by Infinity Ward (devs of CoD, CoD2 and CoD4).

We don't know any more about the game by now, so we can't give you information about the setting, the engine, the systems it will be released on or anything else. But probably this is the right time to revive an old rumor from June this year, which was about Infinity Ward presumably being busy with developing a sci-fi game. I personally find it hard to believe that Call of Duty 6 could send us into a sci-fionesque scenario, but then again: Infinity Ward have already brought the series to new shores by putting it into a modern context with Call of Duty 4, so why not do it again and go one step further? Or maybe they are working on two completely different games?

We will most probably find out more about this shortly after the shipping of Call of Duty 5.
"FIGHTING TYRANNY in a TECHNOLOGICAL NOTTINGHAM"
No Questions by PM.
MsK
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Re: Call of Duty 6 is in the making

Post by MsK »

I don't know who it is that broke that so called news but this was already anounced along time ago - as far back as when the trophie system was announced for the ps3 .. infinity ward catagoricly stated they would not be adding the trophie system to the old title as they where 2 busy working on the forthcoming title / follow up...

It's nice that activision have stamped it aslo but we all knew it was coming ;)
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by CoFree »

i new 5 was coming ,but i did not know they had said they were working on 6 :D
"FIGHTING TYRANNY in a TECHNOLOGICAL NOTTINGHAM"
No Questions by PM.
parminder
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by parminder »

if they keep at it, it mite get boring, like need for speed. well we will hav 2 wait n c
flashed 16 benQ, 8 Sams25, 3 sam28, 2 hit 0059dj, 2 0047dh 3 0047dj, still stuck on 0078fk, failed 0047dj hardware

MsK
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by MsK »

parminder wrote:if they keep at it, it mite get boring, like need for speed. well we will hav 2 wait n c
possibly... but in all honesty with cod4 infinity ward really stepped up & delivered - they diversed the title, built an awesome game engine from the ground up, added some great additional gaming features //above & beyond the typical ranking system// likes perks & challanges.. the story was good 2 (just alittle short!)

I guess the real test is, if they get lazy & just turn out the same game with a different setting! I hope they keep innovating & pushing the boundries - COD4 is a landmark title... I hope they smash it again :P

One thing is for certain - after following the blogs & reading the forums, doing alittle reading between the lines etc. I have been able to determine that infinity ward has not rested on it's last titles success.. I have seen lots of info about new employment roles - incorparating new talent .. re-investment for the future - this to be seems the right way to go if you want to continue to take things to the next level.

Apologies Cofree if my comments came across badly - I guess I didn't choose the best words.
I was just trying to say that some of us already knew this was in the making just by picking up on things said in the infinity ward forums & fourzerotwo's blog etc.
ModDude
Peasant
Peasant

Post by ModDude »

I didnt have any idea but i could have guessed. cod4 was to good to let go of. I bought 5 played it for a little while its just not as good. i will be going back to 4. I guess i can sell 5.
ncaaplayer4
Trusted Member
Trusted Member

Post by ncaaplayer4 »

I though cod 5 was a good game. It is not as good as call of duty 4. :D
I`m ready for cod 6. :D
Robinhoods Playground!

Return to “Gaming News”