Tell us what you think about the game you are playing
MsK
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

COD5 BETA

Post by MsK »

ok, I just woke up ready for work & this was in my mailbox :P
Attention CallofDuty.com Member!

Because of your commitment to be a part of our community, you've been selected to participate in the Call of Duty: World at War Xbox 360™ Multiplayer Beta*! Please click the link below to activate and receive your Xbox 360 MP Beta Token. You will have until October 19th to click the code below and claim your token before it expires!

[REMOVED]

Remember, we want to hear from you! Please come back to CallofDuty.com and give us your feedback, what you like and what you'd change to make Call of Duty: World at War the best experience possible!
Off to work now but i'll give it a blast when I get home :D
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Re: COD5 BETA

Post by CoFree »

thats cool man
make sure to let us know what you think of the game.
"FIGHTING TYRANNY in a TECHNOLOGICAL NOTTINGHAM"
No Questions by PM.
Digital Menace
Trusted Member
Trusted Member

Post by Digital Menace »

not a fan of the ww2 crap, it's been dead an done with.

i might check out 5 but i dunno, not really hyped for it considering all the other games this fall.

i'll probably wait for cod6 which is gonna take place in space or something. lol.

:twisted:
MsK
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by MsK »

I played an hour or so of it last night - I must admit I wasn't expecting much & just like digital menace WWI/II shooters are not my bag! I just don't like the old weapons n stuff like that. I tend to enter a lot of beta's & when this opertunity came up I simply put my name down ;)

I have to say, this game has taken me alittle by surprise - it's built off the COD4 engine & there are lots of simularities..
I defintly wouldn't go so far as to say it's on the same level as COD4 but it does perform pretty well as a sister game.

Things I have not been impressed with sofar:
fluidness between switching weapons, hit detection seems off (I think ultimatly lag is the root cause of this), the sound is pretty poor & there are lots of voice overs that don't need to be there - to the point of distraction! airstrikes are a nightmare..

Things I have been impressed with sofar:
The dogs.. yep, thats right, I think when you get to 7 kills in a row instead of the chopper you get dogs to set loose & savage the enemies // It really works quite well :) If you are on the receiving end of these beasts you can shoot them for some baby points +2 or if you time it right stab the fookers +2.. if u miss u can call it a day they will eat you up.

The maps are intricate & there lots of places to go, alternate routes to take.. there's all sorts of hiding spots 2.
Now i'm not a camper - I like to flank & get in on the action rambo style but this element does add a new challange to my typical gaming style.. for this reason I quite like it.

ok.. so I expressed my dislike of the overall sound but in contrast there are some great elements..
The maps are based around lots of different surfaces.. stone paths, wooden walkways, streams, tall/short grass & overgrowth etc.
You can quickly pick up on enemies you havn't spotted yet approaching as they cross these surfaces & vice versa!
I died a few times crossing the gravel stone walkways - now I find myself not only checking for campers, snipers & enemies in my range but also evaluating the surfaces I am negotiating so no to give away my position.

---

One thing I noticed during my brief gaming last night was alot people saying - I didn't think I was gonna buy this game but actually it's cool. I'm still on the fence really but as I already said i'm pleasently surprised.

Hopefully if I get time tonight to have another go i'll record some ingame footage & whack it up on vimeo :D
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by CoFree »

sounds good man.
good post

ww2 is not my thing to.
cod2 and 4 were good.
they were just a clean running game most of the time.
yea
some in play video would be cool. ;)
"FIGHTING TYRANNY in a TECHNOLOGICAL NOTTINGHAM"
No Questions by PM.
MsK
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by MsK »

CoFree wrote: some in play video would be cool. ;)
I managed to capture some footage tonight.. will upload tomorrow ;)
Drivembig
Squire
Squire

Post by Drivembig »

Well I also got to be part of the Beta crowd. I have been playing COD for many years from the computer to COD3,4,now 5 on the 360. I do like a lot of the features of 5, yeah like the dogs, and also the updated assist points that is based on how much life you took away from your victim instead of just giving you half of the points. I think the sound is better. I can actually hear my enemies walking, breaking twigs, through water, going from ground to wood platform, etc. Overall so far I like the game pretty well. I am looking forward to new maps because I have already played the few that we got enough....lol

PS How did you get the video feed from your box?
MsK
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by MsK »

Drivembig wrote:
PS How did you get the video feed from your box?
I use a PCI-E card called Intensity Pro by black magic design
http://www.blackmagic-design.com/products/intensity/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It can record/capture HD via hdmi or component & also SD... & output with 0 latency at the same time :P

there are of course cheaper usb options on the market but the output is poorer & there's no direct monitoring with these without using some form of custom adapter/splitter.

I have some footage but havn't had chance to re-encode yet...!

Return to “What you're playing”