Changing A Drive

The place to ask your questions about the Xbox 360
Animotion
Squire
Squire

Re: Changing A Drive

Post by Animotion »

I fuked up :O , I connected drive addon board to pc and usb to 360usb, and molex connector from molex spliter, as i turned on there was a smokey smell, like the one that on fire O_o I was like "oh shit" and turned of pc striaght way, I tryed another molex connector but i think the connectivty thing is fuked, there no light or no power I try switching the switchy thing on, and pressing eject and mode b but the buttons do nothing and i can't see anything drive, :cry: the usb thing seem to be thing but it don't seem to see the sata

Um i think that i put the dvd drive power connector - pcb board in the wrong way round, -_-.

xbox360 drive now dont work saying unreadable disc and pressing button don't eject, it,

This is how not to use connectibity board :cry: please check your power connection when u put it in right way or otherwise..kaboooom :cry:

sighh.... gives me an excuse to wait till they brin out the 65nm version then.........
sadalius
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by sadalius »

Dang man, I hate that it happened. Those connectors are supposed to be slotted to where they can only fit one way. But if you have it upside down and press it in, it will fit..... You probably didn't even get a dump of that drive yet either......
Sadalius

No questions by PM please
Animotion
Squire
Squire

Post by Animotion »

sadalius wrote:Dang man, I hate that it happened. Those connectors are supposed to be slotted to where they can only fit one way. But if you have it upside down and press it in, it will fit..... You probably didn't even get a dump of that drive yet either......
thats the thing i knew what it was straight away as i took out the connector, i relise it the upside down way, sigh... thats what i get for not taking my time, no i wasn't able to get into window i just going to check the connector with the hard drive and try that for now.

I guess the drive is fritzed then? it says undreadble disc in dashboard and does not eject? no way of getting the key off the board now?

Change my name to dum ass. O_o
sadalius
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by sadalius »

Unfortunately, there isn't anyway of getting the info of the drive.... and to make matters worse, you have to have a working drive to be able to use the timing attack, so you wouldn't even be able to get the key off the 360 motherboard. There are other ways around this though if you stop and think about it. I can't tell you what it is here though.
Sadalius

Animotion
Squire
Squire

Post by Animotion »

sadalius wrote:Unfortunately, there isn't anyway of getting the info of the drive.... and to make matters worse, you have to have a working drive to be able to use the timing attack, so you wouldn't even be able to get the key off the 360 motherboard. There are other ways around this though if you stop and think about it. I can't tell you what it is here though.
Hi sadalius some good news. I got in touch with someone and they got me my orig key :D,

So now i'm going to dump my samsung firmware then insert my orig hitachi key into firmwarebox.

just to make sure the key is like a series of numbers an letters correct?
sadalius
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by sadalius »

Thats right. an example of one would be something like this:
8EABC9AF6B084C4B6BA1B63DA902E8D6

It should appear as random numbers and characters, but not have a lot of repeating characters or all the same characters, like all F's, 0's or 7's.
Sadalius

Animotion
Squire
Squire

Post by Animotion »

sadalius wrote:Thats right. an example of one would be something like this:
8EABC9AF6B084C4B6BA1B63DA902E8D6

It should appear as random numbers and characters, but not have a lot of repeating characters or all the same characters, like all F's, 0's or 7's.
Hi sadalius

yes it looks like that.

Well i have got a dump of my samsung using iprep
an my hitachi fm backups
I have also replaced my samo key with hatachi in firmware an spoofed to my hatachi, following your guide :D.

Ok the next thing i have to do is create my custom firmware yes? how do i do next step i use in windows to create mod firmware?

I have ixtreme 8x TS-H943A
Last edited by Animotion on Wed Dec 19, 2007 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sadalius
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by sadalius »

RIght. Create your custom firmware, and then flash it and you should be all set considering you kept the firmwares and keys straight as to which one goes where and all. It can be a bit confusing sometimes, but once you do it, you see that it's not that big of a deal.
Sadalius

Animotion
Squire
Squire

Post by Animotion »

sadalius wrote:RIght. Create your custom firmware, and then flash it and you should be all set considering you kept the firmwares and keys straight as to which one goes where and all. It can be a bit confusing sometimes, but once you do it, you see that it's not that big of a deal.
I have put my orig.bin in folder, but when i click make firmware.cmd it says

the system couldnt execute specified program, there is an ixbin in folder now but i check with toolbox and it key was

fffffffffffff

i deleted but i'm not sure why its sayings couldnt run program.
Animotion
Squire
Squire

Post by Animotion »

ok i i corrected it and put it in c drive and it worked :D.

There just one thing i want to ask it said drive spoofed as hitachi blah blah,

but on hacked firmware it said ms28 instead of ms25, does this matter?

my key looks correct
sadalius
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by sadalius »

On firmware toolbox, where it says ROM Version, it should say what ever firmware it really is. but underneath where is says ROM Size, it should say ** FIRMWARE SPOOFED AS (whatever you chose to spoof it as)

What drives are you working with and which one are you replacing??
Sadalius

Animotion
Squire
Squire

Post by Animotion »

i have my ms25 now in drive , an used the make firmware command, it said something about hacked version ms28, but when i open toolbox it says an report it as ms25

rom version tsh93a-ms25 - ixtreme 1.4 8x

then it say

firmware spoofed as gdr3120l - 0047

my key matches my orig hatachi,

i've been trying to flash it with mtkflash i not sure if my commands are wrong,

but its coming up with an error

could not open input file..

an then my 360 light flashs green,

i using command mtkflash w/m/ hacked.bin
Animotion
Squire
Squire

Post by Animotion »

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
| firmtool v1.2 by caster420 |
----------------------------------------------------------[360mods.net]-----

Drive Key: blahblahblah

Original Firmware Version: Hitachi v47 [Spoofed Samsung FW]
Hacked Firmware Version: MS28 [iXTREME1.4-12x]

*** SUCCESS ***
Drive key copied.
Drive version spoofed.

Your hacked firmware is now ready to be flashed!

iXtreme v1.4 firmware created: ix14.bin

Press any key to continue . . .

that is what it say when i made my custom firmware, what puzzle me is why it says ms28 drive for hacked but its not its ms25
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by CoFree »

i think what that is.
you flash a v28 firmware in the v25 the whole time.i not sure but i dont think they every made a v25 hacked firmware.
im not sure .spoofing is not my thing.
just give it some time and let salalius look over this.
"FIGHTING TYRANNY in a TECHNOLOGICAL NOTTINGHAM"
No Questions by PM.
Animotion
Squire
Squire

Post by Animotion »

cofree wrote:i think what that is.
you flash a v28 firmware in the v25 the whole time.i not sure but i dont think they every made a v25 hacked firmware.
im not sure .spoofing is not my thing.
just give it some time and let salalius look over this.
Oh so the v28 should be ok , ?

Yes i'l wait till salalius have a look i dont want to mess final part up,

btw salalius ;) i cannot add u pm u have disabled read recipts or something :)

btw this is the error message it was coming up with when trying to flash, i used my iprep that i used to dump the drive.

drive scanned

1.xtreme pri master

port dc00, masterslave a0

err. fall to open inputfile

Return to “Beginners”