Serial # and Hardware

cyantific
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Serial # and Hardware

Post by cyantific »

Just a quick question

Does the serial number on the back of the playstation 3 match any of the hardware / cause any problems with replacement parts? A friend's ps3 is acting up and we may try replacing the laser assembly.
RHPG, home away from home :)
MsK
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Re: Serial # and Hardware

Post by MsK »

cyantific wrote:Just a quick question

Does the serial number on the back of the playstation 3 match any of the hardware / cause any problems with replacement parts? A friend's ps3 is acting up and we may try replacing the laser assembly.
as far as i'm aware u can swap lasers out.. but I havn't ever needed to do this, I do own a ps3 but it works perfectly & is completly unmodded
parminder
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by parminder »

before you take the ps3 apart ring sony up. got my 5th ps3 exchanged from a faulty one to a new one. it depends where you live. there is a one day turnaround for this in uk
flashed 16 benQ, 8 Sams25, 3 sam28, 2 hit 0059dj, 2 0047dh 3 0047dj, still stuck on 0078fk, failed 0047dj hardware

MsK
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by MsK »

parminder wrote:before you take the ps3 apart ring sony up. got my 5th ps3 exchanged from a faulty one to a new one. it depends where you live. there is a one day turnaround for this in uk
niiiice - thats good to know :D
allthough I don't think there's much chance of mine failing as it doesn't get much play aXtion .. lol :P

Return to “General information”