Laptop BIOS

sccrbrandon4788
Possible Ally of Robinhood

Laptop BIOS

Post by sccrbrandon4788 »

So I was doing a BIOS update on my HP dv5220us laptop and the flash seemed to go fine but when it wanted to shut down it just hung. After a minute or so I decided to just shut it down, via taking out the battery. I went to boot it up and all i get is a fan spinning, the dvd tray light is on, and the volume and other media controls light up. The power light stays off, as well as the harddrive and ac adapter light(the light that comes on in the front when its plugged into the adapter). There also is nothing that is booting up, like the harddrive doesn't spin up and the dvd tray doesnt eject. I believe that the BIOS are corrupt.

Do any of you guys have a clue what I can do to possibly boot it so I can reflash the BIOS? I tried usb but I couldn't get the laptop to attempt to boot. All the laptop does when I plug in the ac adapter is have the one fan spin and the media controls light up, like I explained in the beginning.

What can I do?
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Re: Laptop BIOS

Post by CoFree »

not a clue man
sorry

you will have to wait and see what sadalius has to say.
"FIGHTING TYRANNY in a TECHNOLOGICAL NOTTINGHAM"
No Questions by PM.
sadalius
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by sadalius »

Hopefully you didn't flash the wrong update to it. But, you might try looking through the manual to see if there is a way to clear the CMOS. Sometimes a bios update will get hungup and clearing the CMOS will fix that. On my dell, you have to take the regular battery out, then take the top bezel off and take out the CMOS battery, then bridge the positive and negative points for where the CMOS battery was. Then just reverse the process to put it back together. Yours maybe different though. But thats about as much as I know though.
Sadalius

No questions by PM please
sccrbrandon4788

Post by sccrbrandon4788 »

Well I did take out the CMOS battery, I didn't bridge anything though. I flashed with the correct firmware, as far as I know. I'll check on the bridging.

Return to “General information”