iXtreme firmware 1.4 ALL VERSIONS

Anything 360 that don"t have is own tread
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

iXtreme firmware 1.4 ALL VERSIONS

Post by CoFree »

A new release of ixtreme firmware, for all versions of drive (except v78/79 hitachi, which maximus will release shortly)..
Features
(v1.4) Disc jitter fix

Note: Everyone is wondering why people were getting banned a few weeks back. Here is a short summary of our speculation:

There are specific timers within the challenge/response protocol that may be checked by MS to determine as criteria for banning. We believe they are measuring one or more to find discrepancies. While a lot of this is speculation, and a lot of data is inaccurate as far as replication due to different mechanics, there may be specific timers that can be easily read. One that we are focusing on has to do with the degree's of disc rotation, which will generate a sum (0,90,180,270) and embed that data within the Security Sector file. Now, we recently have noticed a change within games in regards to that Challenge/Response timer.

We recently found out that new games ripped with kreon drives will give back a degree, that in combination with ixtreme jitter, will produce a 360 degree value. This would be a unacceptable range (should only be 0-359). This is a detectable and possibly a criteria for the recent ban waves. Also, this would explain why some users got banned playing the same games that others played, and did not get banned. The point of jitter is to randomly give back proper values. With that in mind, a random jitter value from a kreon drive, with a random jitter from a ixtreme drive will rarely give back a 360 degree value. This new ixtreme will wrap that value to ensure that no 360 degree value can be submitted.

Now, a note of recommendation, due to statistical findings. We have spent days ripping *thousands* of security sector's with various drive/software combinations and have come to the following:

The most accurate/valid SS replication is done with a samsung drive using Schtrom 360 xtract or XBC. So far, we have seen only a very small percentage of 6701 rips in comparison to kreon. Now, given that, i think it is important to inform that this value was previously normal with older games. It may or may not be normal with *every* new game, but with some so far.
So, if you are planning on backing up your purchased games, please try to use samsung with schtrom 360 xtract or XBC for the most reliable replica possible!!!! This *could* mean the difference from being banned on xbox live, or not.

Now, as always, remember that you are modifying your console *at your own risk*. If you make a backup of your game and play it on xbox live, you will always run a risk of getting your console banned.

This release also comes with firmtool 1.2, here is the changelog:
- Added support for Samsung ms19
- Added prompt for Samsung firmware to copy version strings.
This will allow for those who want their ms25,ms21,or ms19 to report as a ms28.
- Added Xtreme/iXtreme version detection in the hacked source
- Added extra check of BenQ key range for odd BenQ firmware revisions
- Rewrote firmware and version detection. Works properly with all spoofed firmware.
- Added spoofed firmware detection

This will be a firmware update that most of us should do.

I'm going to be looking into how to back up with samsung 360 drive.I've always used a sh-d162c dvd drive in my computer to do my backups.
I'll try to have something up on that in a day or two.
"FIGHTING TYRANNY in a TECHNOLOGICAL NOTTINGHAM"
No Questions by PM.
sadalius
Robinhood
Robinhood

Re: iXtreme firmware 1.4 ALL VERSIONS

Post by sadalius »

I see this causing a problem. Not everyone has a spare 360 sammy drive thats flashed with the older xtreme firmware that had the 0800 code in it. I think if that little SS checker app is accurate, I'll be staying with my Kreon drive.
Sadalius

No questions by PM please
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by CoFree »

your right about that.I'll just check every iso that i dump for a good "SS"
No Questions by PM.
sadalius
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by sadalius »

What I'm also thinking, after doing some reading is that this firmware is supposed to return the proper calculations upon a query. I could have read into it a little too much, but thats what I am understanding the moment.
Sadalius

CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by CoFree »

sadalius

do you have any good info on doing the backup with a samsung 360 drive.
i was thinking i would walk right through this but NOT

i dont think im getting the drive to read the 0800.burned on DL and a copy on dvd5
ive got v52 firmware on the 360 drive.
if i hot plug the drive in to the computer it locks up.
if i boot up with it hook up it dont boot.
ive just read that it can take awhile for the computer to boot so ill let it try for awhile.
No Questions by PM.
sadalius
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by sadalius »

This is how I used to do it. I would power the drive up with a seperate power supply, insert my 0800 disk, which has to be on a dual layer disk, put my hand on the top of the drive to where I could feel for disk activity, the vibrations and such. When it quit reading and quited down, usually like 10 to 15 seconds, I would take the disk out and boot my computer. I never had the computer in windows like this, always in DOS for flashing, but it should work the same way I would think.
Sadalius

CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by CoFree »

Thats the thing it never seem to spin up
will it get load like when a game is install.it never did that.3 disc 3 different way
No Questions by PM.
sadalius
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by sadalius »

Well, I don't know how the drive should respond, I only used 0800 mode before the 10 second trick was discovered and that was only for flashing. I've read of people that had a spare drive, flashing it with 0800.bin that way the drive is constantly in 0800 mode, but I don't know if thats still available or not.
Sadalius

CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by CoFree »

that what i was going to do.just leave this one drive just for do some backup.
i got the iso of the 0800 but dont know if it good.it from 360mods i would think its good.
http://www.360mods.net/Downloads/details/id=69.html
No Questions by PM.
sadalius
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by sadalius »

For flashing, the ISO is different that the bin. If you get the bin file, you put your drive key in it, flash it, and it's then like a SH-D162C, or supposed to be that is. The ISO is for the firmwares that had the 0800 mode incorporated into the hacked firmware. Then you burned the 0800.iso to a dual layer disk and activated the 0800 mode with the disk.
Sadalius

CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by CoFree »

this is a bin file you gave me right.you are saying this is for flashing the firmware in the 360 dvd drive right.

the thing i showed you at 360mod was a file for burning on a dvd and getting the drive in to the mode to do backups.
for some reason i cant get a handle on this.
i would rather flash the 360 dvd drive so it would just stay that way to do this backing up.
No Questions by PM.
sadalius
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by sadalius »

Right. The bin file is for flashing. Just put your key in it. Once you flash it, you can use it just like an SH-D162C. Call me if you need to :D
Sadalius

CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by CoFree »

do you think it will have the same problem as the sh-d162c drive.
this is the way they are saying is the best way right.
is that what you are reading.
No Questions by PM.
sadalius
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by sadalius »

It does have the same problem, it just doesn't happen as often. When I talked to Irez, he said that with the SH-D162C, out of 1000 rips of an SS, they would see like 50 that didn't rip right. With the TS-943, they only saw 1 that didn't rip right. So you still stand a chance of getting a bad ss, just chances are better that you won't with the TS instead of the SH.
Sadalius

CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by CoFree »

thanks man

im going to flash the 360 drive just to do it.
i check all the ss file not anyway.

ill let you know hoe it goes.
No Questions by PM.

Return to “General information”