iPrep 6.2 to get a dump (BenQ for Benq)

Post Iprep 101 things here.
bittersuit_98
Bandit
Bandit

iPrep 6.2 to get a dump (BenQ for Benq)

Post by bittersuit_98 »

Hey all...first off, million thanx to all who have helped me out in my other threads.
Here is the situation: I'm trying to replace my old Benq with a new Benq (both drives are same model). I'd like to use iPrep 6.2. iPrerp 8.8 it's been hard on me as I cannot manage to hold the tray half way open because I don't have CK3. Anyways, just keep in mind that I want to work with iPrep 6.2 and a USB bootable stick Once I get my dump right, I will be replacing the old firmtool version in the stick with firmtool 1.5

I know the first step to replace is to get a dump of the old drive's key. My question is how do I exactly get my bootable stick ready with iPrerp. I am confused because when you create your bootable stick for a regular iXtreme flashing you must select the iXtreme firmware (Benq or samsung). In this case, I don't want to use iXtreme yet BECAUSE i am just trying to dump my old drive key. With that being said...should I just create my USB bootable stick without selecting any iXtreme firmware ?
I just want to make sure that not selecting an Ixtreme fw when making my bootable stick will cause trouble.

Any light is greatly appreciated!
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Re: iPrep 6.2 to get a dump (BenQ for Benq)

Post by CoFree »

well you have to input a firmware of some kind for iprep to work.

but
i would still use ipre 8.8

If using a 360 to power the drive this method can be tricky to accomplish.
You need to power on the drive with Eject status closed but Tray Half Open –To do this using
an Xbox 360 as Power source, eject the DVD drive, then, press eject to ‘close’ the tray. Now this
is the important part –you MUST remove the DVD power plug from the DVD Drive BEFORE it
closes fully.
Wait for a few seconds and replace the power plug into the DVD drive taking extreme caution
to plug the plug the right way around –once done, the drive is now

that should work for you man
"FIGHTING TYRANNY in a TECHNOLOGICAL NOTTINGHAM"
No Questions by PM.
bittersuit_98
Bandit
Bandit

Post by bittersuit_98 »

Thanx Cofree, I'll give it a try and see what gives....
so ... you're saying whether iPrerp 6.2 or 8.8, I still need to load Benq iXtreme fw i(since I'm dealing with a Benq) in order to make the bootable USB stick and get the key dumped?

Now, lets focus on the key flashing stage:
Once I get the old benq drive key dumped, how exactly do I make the bootable stick in order to "inject" the drive key onto my new Benq drive? .... Do i still need to load up Benq's iXtreme FW? or do I need to replace it with my dumped key file?

Sorry for all the trouble...but better safe than sorry!!
Thanx again
Backslash
Possible Ally of Robinhood
Possible Ally of Robinhood

Post by Backslash »

"Now, lets focus on the key flashing stage:
Once I get the old benq drive key dumped, how exactly do I make the bootable stick in order to "inject" the drive key onto my new Benq drive? .... Do i still need to load up Benq's iXtreme FW? or do I need to replace it with my dumped key file?"

When you dump the firmware whether it be iPrep 6 or iPrep 8, firmtool will run and create your hacked firmware which you then can flash in. (fben xxxxxxx xxxxx)

Return to “IPreP”