I cant doot into dos with my removable drive pls help

Post Iprep 101 things here.
conan281
Bandit
Bandit

I cant doot into dos with my removable drive pls help

Post by conan281 »

when i try to boot into dos it just boots into windows and i dont know whats going on i did everything with iprep :?
lite-on:5
lite-on 83:1 (almost messed up)
benq:1
samsung:1
hatachi:1 (Very complicated)
iamwatt
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Re: I cant doot into dos with my removable drive pls help

Post by iamwatt »

conan281 wrote:when i try to boot into dos it just boots into windows and i dont know whats going on i did everything with iprep :?
if you used iPrep then you should be booting from the usb drive. so when you turn your pc on theres a certain key you have to hit in order to bring up the boot menu. on dells its f12 and on many custom made pc's its delete, either way when the pc comes on initially it should say press (this key) to enter boot menu. after that, coFree's tutorials explain it all. . .
dalecheesy
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by dalecheesy »

If you have followed iamwatt's advice and have enabled legacy devices etc in your bios and still get stuck with a black screen with a flashing cursor it indicates your motherboard isn't capable of booting from FAT32 (the older ipreps used FAT16.) You will need to format the stick in FAT (try to get hold of hp format tool and use it to make bootable) then transfer the files over from iprep. I had a right nightmare and tried everything until i clicked on.
bittersuit_98
Bandit
Bandit

Post by bittersuit_98 »

It could be a number of things. One of the issues, like the other guys said, is whether your PC is capable of booting from a USB stick formatted in FAT 32 or FAT 16. I also had issues booting to iPrep, and everything was solved by simply using a different USB drive brand and smaller size. Here is a checklist of possible causes:

1. Make sure the PC's BIOS is configured to boot up from USB. If this option is not available somewhere in the BIOS then your PC is just not capable of booting up off a USB flash drive. You'll have to make a bootable CD or a floppy
2. Make sure the USB flash drive is not too big in size. Anything from 512 MB up to 2 GB is OK.
3. Myself, and other people I've talked to, have experienced porblems with "Patriot" USB flash drives. I don't know why, and maybe some people will say I'm wrong, but there is a possibility that this is causing the trouble if you're using a Patriot USB drive. You might wanna try a cheap brand. If you're in the U.S. try the cheapest 1 or 2 GB USB flash drives from Office Depot.
4.If anything else, you might want to consider using jungleflasher.
conan281
Bandit
Bandit

Post by conan281 »

I got it running what i did was play with it a littel i format it a couple of times fat and a couple of times fat32 then i opened iprep 8.8 and made it bootable and it booted very well
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
iamwatt
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by iamwatt »

that's whats up! did you get it to flash. . . ?
conan281
Bandit
Bandit

Post by conan281 »

yes i got to flash it this was so worth it but i want to flash the new 1.51 fw but its not ready for iprep 8-)
iamwatt
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by iamwatt »

cool! good to know you got it to work. also what drive are you trying to flash because iPrep does work for the samsung and benq with no problem, its the lite-ons that seem to be having a bit of trouble. . .
conan281
Bandit
Bandit

Post by conan281 »

i have flashed the lite-on with Jungle flasher with no problem but the new RHPG's iprep should support it ;)
iamwatt
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by iamwatt »

it does, i did a lite-on drive with it the other day

Return to “IPreP”