sfiv

Tell us what you think about the game you are playing
BobSeager
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

sfiv

Post by BobSeager »

Gotta say, I'm really disappointed with street fighter iv, maybe I expected too much, but it's one of those games that shifts away from tradition for what I feel is worse. Aside from having to unlock many 'stock' characters, teh controls are very floaty, similar to soul calibur and other 3d fighters. I like the series traditionally tight control, and this doesn't have it. That said, it's still fun, but not quite as epic as a release and step forward in the series as most expected. There is an over-reliance on building up and launching super moves as there are now two sets of super combos, one gauge you fill by beating up on your opponent, and one that fills as you take a beating. This leads to players trading supers and whoever fails to block being the inevitable loser. Luckily, or perhaps more appropriately, 'unfortunately,' the dodgy controls make it easy to jump and block super combos even after you've been exposed in battle by a well-timed attack by the opponent. This makes it frustrating for those accustomed to playing the game and exploiting defensive mistakes by your opponent.

Add it all up and I'll be heading back to street fighter 2. As a big fan of Capcom, I hope Resident Evil 5 is better... :cry:
Hackedit
Bandit
Bandit

Re: sfiv

Post by Hackedit »

Well Bob,

Im kinda in the same boat with you. I remember in alpha or later Vs games there being much more of a technical and fluid game. The days of having a offensive defense (if that makes sense) are over. No more air block, come on that just sucks. Although it not quite what i was wishing for its still a great fighter in a genre of over saturated 3D fighter. I cant help but feel giddy when i go around the world in this game and only lose when i choose a new character to me.

Lets just see what kinds of DLC is going to come out for theis game i hear its going to be more then just extra costumes.
All in all SF is my go to fighter and will always be. Hope to kick some ass online once i get it.

"It's really not fair for conscious beings to be aware of their own mortality."

Return to “What you're playing”