please help

The place to ask your questions about the Xbox 360
ufc_man28
Peasant
Peasant

please help

Post by ufc_man28 »

i hope i dont offend anyone if i posted this in the wrong forum..but i was lucky enough to get ahold of a sammy drive and i've been trying to flash it for the past 2 days,i think i might be over looking something small but what it may be i don't know..im using iprep,along with iextream 1.5,i have yet to actually try a flash on my drive because i dont wanna do the wrong things so if there is anyone here that can or is willing to give me a few tips i'd be in your debt..i've watched the cofree tut 76 times lol and i still think im missing something please help...once again im sorry if this is in the wrong forum..
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Re: please help

Post by CoFree »

well
you did post in the wrong place
but no sweat man.
ill move it for you.

as far as f;ashing with iprep and v1.5
that would not be the best thing to do.
you should flash with the new firmware v1.51

for a samsung dvd drive with iprep you need
a via6421a or l pci sata card.
like this one.
http://tekgems.com/Products/la-pci22-vt6421a.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

but you may want to try jungle flasher if you have a new computer with onbo sata ports

if you do it with jungle you will not have any thing to by
other than maybe a ck3 for powering the dvd drive when its out of you console.

that would be best what have you done so far
have you even tried to dump the firmware on the drive.
"FIGHTING TYRANNY in a TECHNOLOGICAL NOTTINGHAM"
No Questions by PM.
RyanGSXR
Squire
Squire

Post by RyanGSXR »

Once you have the hardware Cofree recommended, watch this a few times.
I wrote it down personally.

viewtopic.php?f=195&t=3558

Happy flashing!
ufc_man28
Peasant
Peasant

Post by ufc_man28 »

so far this is what im working with..i have a pci express motherboard,it has 4 sata ports on board.today i went out and was lucky enough to find a ultra ata/133 ide card,i talked with the computer stores owner,and turns out he flashes drives..(at a high price)..so he then sold me the ultra ata witch he says is the same card he uses..i have a samsung drive(model ts-h943).
as far as hardware goes thats about it..the software is where i belive im lacking..i got xbins first,to download the proper software i would need,followed by iprep v008.8,and the ixtream1.5 files for the lite-on,sammy,and benq..
(am i missing something?)
the first step i took was powering down the pc,connecting the sata card,then powered back on..installed the drivers reboot.
step two..got the drive ready,i dont have a conectivity kit so im using the xbox 360 to power the drive(is this a problem?).
step three..connected the drive to sata card using port 1,powered on p.c..everything boots up fine..so far so good lol.
step four.. i quickly get on youtube and locate a cofree tutorial on "how to flash a xbox360 samsung drive"..
step five..i try the iprep way first..i load up the correct bin files for the sam,lite,and benq..then i make sure my sata card is selected,witch it is(NOTE i have two cards to choose from"SCSI/RAID HOST"and"VIA VT6421 RAID CONTROLLER"..
i chose the scsi/raid host..i do not touch the switch to "ide tab nor do i touch com port".on target devices i find my flash drive witch is 2 gigs..i made sure it was empty. check format make bootable,and i made sure,include batch files was checked as well
step six..(problem once i press start a dos screen appears followed by this message)..
"WINDOWS-DRIVE NOT READY EXCEPTION PROCESSING MESSAGE c00000a3 PARAMETERS 75b6bf7c 4 75b6bf7c 75b6bf7c"
they give me the option to cancel,try again,or continue..i tried try again..i get the same message..i try continue..and i get the same message..but.. if i press cancel..i get this
Preparing Destination
Making Drive M:\ Bootable
Copying BenQ Firmware to M:\
Copying Samsung Firmware to M:\
Copying Lite-On Firmware to M:\
Copying Generic Tools to M:\
Creating Batch Files on M:\
Creating BACKUPS directory
All Done! (what have i done wrong?)
i have never went any farther after this step because after watching countless tut's on how do do this,i never noticed anyone get any type of error about the drive not being ready..
after..the whole iprep thing i tried jungleflasher..
once i installed and opened the program i got the same message..
"WINDOWS-DRIVE NOT READY EXCEPTION PROCESSING MESSAGE c00000a3 PARAMETERS 75b6bf7c 4 75b6bf7c 75b6bf7c"
but i just hit cancel and tried it anyway..
(NOTE my xbox drive is still hooked up to sata card and has yet to be powerd on at anytime during my first try with iprep.)
once jungleflasher was up i powered on my drive as shown in this jungle flasher tut i found..i powered it up held the disk tray until i saw the green light flash then i noticed my pc had froze up on me..i dont know what the conflict is between my xbox drive and the sata card i just installed but everytime i try to power the drive up while the pc is running it locks up my pc..i've disconnected the drive from the sata card and attached it to one of the four ports on my mother board,now there is no conflict i can run both the xbox and pc with either crashing..here is where i have stopped until i hear from one of you guys on what the heck im doing wrong..sorry for making this so long,but i wanted to be as detailed as possiable about my problem in hopes someone can help...thanks
DirtySkunk
Bandit
Bandit

Post by DirtySkunk »

OK, sounds like you haven't even come close to dumping or flashing. (which is probably a good thing at this point) ;)

Try iPrep first.

Boot up your PC. (Do not connect your 360 Drive, we are just preparing the Flash Drive)

If you have a floppy drive in your PC follow these steps:
Right Click My Computer
Click Properties
Click Hardware
Click Device Manager
Click the + next to Floppy Disk Controllers
Right Click and Disable you're floppy drive.

Start iPrep
Load the iXtreme1.51 firmware
Select your Via 6421 Raid Controller
Select your flash drive
Check Format and Include Batch Files
Click Start

If it finishes you now have your iPrep Bootable Flash Drive with all of the files and progams you will need to flash your drive in DOS.

Watch the tutorial again from start to finish.
viewtopic.php?f=195&t=3558" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Once you COMPLETELY understand the process:
Start up your PC
Boot from your Flash Drive
Follow the instructions to flash your drive.
ufc_man28
Peasant
Peasant

Post by ufc_man28 »

ok im doing this right now..thanks
DirtySkunk
Bandit
Bandit

Post by DirtySkunk »

RyanGSXR wrote:
The drive needs to be powered up my friend........... ;)
The drive does not need to be powered up when creating the flash drive in iPrep
ufc_man28 wrote: Copying BenQ Firmware to M:\
Copying Samsung Firmware to M:\
Copying Lite-On Firmware to M:\
Copying Generic Tools to M:\
Creating Batch Files on M:\
Creating BACKUPS directory
All Done! (what have i done wrong?)
i have never went any farther after this step because after watching countless tut's on how do do this,i never noticed anyone get any type of error about the drive not being ready..
He hasn't even created his flash drive properly man.
It's probably the floppy causing the error.

He will post back with his progress I'm sure. :roll:
Last edited by DirtySkunk on Thu Mar 12, 2009 3:14 am, edited 2 times in total.
RyanGSXR
Squire
Squire

Post by RyanGSXR »

I know, I read that all wrong. My bad.

Do you have a flash drive? They work much better.
DirtySkunk
Bandit
Bandit

Post by DirtySkunk »

You don't understand.

I'm not talking about using a floppy.

He needs to DISABLE the Floppy Drive.

It is what is causing him problems in creating his Flash Drive. (most likely)

See what I mean ;)
ufc_man28
Peasant
Peasant

Post by ufc_man28 »

DirtySkunk wrote:You don't understand.

I'm not talking about using a floppy.

He needs to DISABLE the Floppy Drive.

It is what is causing him problems in creating his Flash Drive. (most likely)

See what I mean ;)

and the winner is.............? wow thats insane how good you are..just to let you know,thanks to your help along with others from this site i was able to flash my drive in about 7-8 mins.. max after i DISABLED my floppy drive like you advised me to do.
i own a lot collectors edition games..so after i was done with the flash i popped in my streetfighter4 ce.org.copy worked fine.
then i popped in my back up of the same game..works fine no prob,i stealth patched it prior to the flash,so i tried it online no ban so for right now i belive im good lol..i'd like to thank cofree for his tut's they are all well done,and i'd really like to thank dirty skunk,for taking the time out to help me out..and im sorry for comming off as a total newbie,but hey everyone has to start somewhere..and im glad that i chose to start here with you guys.. :D
jj.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ufc_man28
Peasant
Peasant

Post by ufc_man28 »

damn i forgot one last thing you guys memorex's disks ... wow ... not good game stopped working as i was typing this..i'll get a pack of verbatim today..
jayz038.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by CoFree »

dude
are you in the ufc or other fight group.
if so, please
pm me your name so i can follow your fights
we great interest
No Questions by PM.
DirtySkunk
Bandit
Bandit

Post by DirtySkunk »

Hell yeah.

What CoFree said ;)

BTW, grats on your flash and GL with your future fights man.
Really cool to have an actual fighter in the forest ;)
ufc_man28
Peasant
Peasant

Post by ufc_man28 »

hey thanks guys for the support...im a fighter out of victorville ca..im currently freelance..i train by day,game by night.
im glad to see a few mma fans are here cofree my name is jay johnson i currently hold a unbeaten record and i train with the likes of aaron riley,joe stevenson,eric shembari..and a few other ufc fighters.i hope to make a big splash by the years end.
l_7273e995d1d949c7bb9b43522f813795.jpg
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by CoFree »

man
that is to cool

I grew up friends with "Kent Hensley"
Who has done a little fighting. ;)

Man
if you can think about it
keep us in the loop with your (and team) upcoming fights.

The Playground has been looking for a
"Brute Squad" :D

looks like you guy just got the job.
No Questions by PM.

Return to “Beginners”