More Xbox Live ban waves this weekend

Anything 360 that don"t have is own tread
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by CoFree »

>> From users on the forums, and other networking sites...

It appears that MS has started banning people over the past week (happy holidays xbox360 users!). :evil:

As always, we would like to gather data and input from the community as to what may be causing these bans. It appears to effect the new ixtreme 1.4 aswell as the older ixtreme and non ixtreme versions, and all of the drives have been effected. We even have a few reports of a few trusted people in the community who were banned and had not played anything but a retail copy. As of this moment we do not know if a new security was implemented, or if they are further scrutinizing the already given criteria (SS, DMI, PFI alterations, timings, etc).

So if you have gotten banned over the past week, we would ask you to share the following with us in the forum thread below, otherwise, please do not post in the thread! Bans only!

A) Firmware Version, drive type (hitachi, samsung, benq) and when you upgraded/installed that version. Also include if you spoofed the version.
B) Previous firmware version's, or if the console is freshly modded or refurbished (please include manufactor date)
C) Backups played over the past month(and whether they were checked with kreon checker, if not, please check the SS and report the results)
D) Originals played over the past month
E) Method of backing up games (as always, piracy is not tolerable on Robinhoods playground.com, so if you have downloaded these games, please do not post.

Thanks to all who have contributed in the past, and those for the future
"FIGHTING TYRANNY in a TECHNOLOGICAL NOTTINGHAM"
No Questions by PM.
kcfire
Peasant
Peasant

Re: More Xbox Live ban waves this weekend

Post by kcfire »

cofree wrote:More Xbox Live ban waves this weekend
>> From users on the forums, and other networking sites...

It appears that MS has started banning people over the past week (happy holidays xbox360 users!). :evil:

As always, we would like to gather data and input from the community as to what may be causing these bans. It appears to effect the new ixtreme 1.4 aswell as the older ixtreme and non ixtreme versions, and all of the drives have been effected. We even have a few reports of a few trusted people in the community who were banned and had not played anything but a retail copy. As of this moment we do not know if a new security was implemented, or if they are further scrutinizing the already given criteria (SS, DMI, PFI alterations, timings, etc).

So if you have gotten banned over the past week, we would ask you to share the following with us in the forum thread below, otherwise, please do not post in the thread! Bans only!

A) Firmware Version, drive type (hitachi, samsung, benq) and when you upgraded/installed that version. Also include if you spoofed the version.
B) Previous firmware version's, or if the console is freshly modded or refurbished (please include manufactor date)
C) Backups played over the past month(and whether they were checked with kreon checker, if not, please check the SS and report the results)
D) Originals played over the past month
E) Method of backing up games (as always, piracy is not tolerable on Robinhoods playground.com, so if you have downloaded these games, please do not post.

Thanks to all who have contributed in the past, and those for the future

Banned two days ago.

A. Firmware version ixtreme 1.3 on a Hitachi 47, installed it the day it came out. Was lucky enough to miss the ban hammer the last time.
B. Previous versions were xtreme and ixtreme can't remember all the versions.
C. Backups played were Halo 3, Orange Box, COD4 in the last month. All checked out ok except Halo 3, it had a bad Kreon rip.
D. Original games played were Halo 3.
E. I used xbc version 2.5 to burn all my games. I always used 100% original copies.

Looks like Halo 3 was the one that got me.
sadalius
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by sadalius »

The one thing that I am seeing alot in common with other people thats been banned is COD 4. Although I don't think it's a 100% theory, but COD4 does come up alot with those that say they've been banned.
Sadalius

No questions by PM please
kcfire
Peasant
Peasant

Post by kcfire »

Ya I meant to check COD4 but didn't. Brought all my games over to a friends house to check them (I just have a laptop). But I accidentally left COD4 in the system. Wouldn't suprise me if it was bad though.
sadalius
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by sadalius »

From what I've read, people are reporting their copies as being good, but still getting banned. COD4 may not have anything to do with it, their could be a new detection method or anything. At this point, everything is just conjecture.
Sadalius

CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by CoFree »

well we played rock band all night Saturday from 4:30 to 2:00. 3 copy's were backups
none of my people have been banned yet.
we have not played cod4 for any time maybe 30 min 2 weeks ago.
"FIGHTING TYRANNY in a TECHNOLOGICAL NOTTINGHAM"
No Questions by PM.
sadalius
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by sadalius »

I'm not banned yet either. The particular 360 that I have is running an MS-28. Firmwares used start at xtreme 3.0 all the way up to the firmware it's running now which is ixtreme 1.4-12x. I've read reports of people just like my setup being banned, but I'm not. So I'm not sure whats the deal. Maybe leftovers from the last wave, could be new detection. I suppose time will tell.
Sadalius

kcfire
Peasant
Peasant

Post by kcfire »

I would be interested to see if anyone got banned that flashed straight to 1.4 and had no other previous firmware on their xbox. 1.4 just came out so it might be hard to find someone that flashed it straight out of the box that has been banned. Also, has anyone heard of any Benq drives being banned yet?
sadalius
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by sadalius »

I've actually read about both cases being banned. I've not read anything about either case being posted on xbox-scene though. Only read the posts on the #fw channel on irc.
Sadalius

Return to “General information”