Hitachi 59?

The place to ask your questions about the Xbox 360
darrenp76
Bandit
Bandit

Hitachi 59?

Post by darrenp76 »

Well I did my first Benq with no problems (somehow LOL) but my friend wants me to try and do his HItachi 59. My question is, I've seen a couple of different tuts using connectivity kits, MODE B passes, etc. Can somebody point me in the direction of the most current tutorial to flash his drive?

Thanks guys!
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Re: Hitachi 59?

Post by CoFree »

"FIGHTING TYRANNY in a TECHNOLOGICAL NOTTINGHAM"
No Questions by PM.
darrenp76
Bandit
Bandit

Post by darrenp76 »

Thanks, Cofree! I watched that one but I don't have the mode B or the USB to SATA, I found this one= http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/545204.

It seems to be a little different where you dont have to use the adapters which I don't have. I was thinking about going with the above tutorial. What do you think?

Here is a quick copy and paste of that tut:

Things you'll need:
1.) Either Firmware Toolbox 4.0 or ixtreme_hitachi_1.2rev2.rar (both available on xbins, use search bar to find how to use xbins)
2.)This SATA PCI adapter (SYBA SY-VIA-150 PCI SATA / IDE Combo Controller Card, Non Raid - Retail. In case of bad link.).
3.) The latest version of Slax, burned to disc.
4.) Team Xecuter x79 chip (for the 79 versions only) available
here(http://www.mrmodchips.co.uk)

Preparation
1.) Unzip ixtreme 1.2rev2 to a folder on the desktop.
2.) Install Windows Command Here tool (does not apply to 78 or 79). Link
3.) If you own a hitachi 79, solder on the chip specified above.

Step 1:
Once you have installed your PCI card and disassembled your xbox 360 (tutorial coming soon, hopefully), then plug the SATA cable into your hitachi.

Step 2:
Boot to Slax with your 360 turned on in order to put your drive into mode b (makes it visible in Windows). Make sure you have the Video cable plugged into the 360 at this point. Once Slax has ran through and you're at the Slax login screen, test your drive for mode b (if it's in mode b, you'll have to hit eject twice to open or close it, and once you close it, it'll open a few seconds later.) At this point, hit your computers power button and wait for it to turn off, once you hear it power down, IMMEDIATELY power back up. NOTE: in order to flash the drive, using either method, you should have your drive shut. to keep your drive shut, simply hit eject twice, then while the drive's closing, hit eject again OR hit eject once and push the drive in manually.) Open and close the drive a few times at the Windows loading screen, to ensure windows finds it, then hit eject 3 times and close it.

Step 3 for all hitachi's except the 78 and 79
Once you have logged into Windows, and your drive is in mode b, right click your ixtreme 1.2rev2 folder, and select "open command window here." With that command window open, enter "flashix.bat e 1969" (minus the quotes) where "e" is the drive letter and "1969" is a random four digit number. This will dump your original firmware in a folder called (in this case) "X16S-1969" (the X16S should always be there). "Was.bin" is your original firmware, and "now.bin" is the hacked firmware. I would highly recommend that you make a hard copy of your firmware and store a few digital copies also. Your hitachi is now flashed, congrats! HITACHI 78's and 79's, READ ON!

Step 3 for the 78 and 79 hitachi's
Open up firmware toolbox 4.0 click tools>direct drive dump (gdr only). Your hitachi should be autoselected. Click the "eject" button on the screen, and insert an original DVD, xbox game, or xbox 360 game, then click the "load" button on the screen. Let the disc spin for 20 seconds, then click "RAW Dump Firmware As..." I would recommend saving the firmware into a folder on your desktop, and name the firmware "original.bin". After a few seconds, the firmware will be dumped (the blue bar will be full) and a window will open asking if you'd like to check the checksum, select "Yes". If the checksum doesn't pass, stop the installation and try again. If it does pass, it'll ask you if you want to open the firmware, select "Yes". On screen you will see you firmware details such as your drive key and your firmware location. I recommend saving your drive key in a text file called "key.txt" in the same file as your firmware. Your original firmware is now backed up. I highly recommend making a hard copy of your firmware and storing a few digital copies also.

Step 4: The Flash!!!
With your firmware details on the screen, click tools>smart hack patcher. A warning window will appear, click "OK". Save the output file in the same place as your original firmware as "final.bin", "hacked.bin" or something similar. Click the "Generate File" button on screen, it should be generated instantly. After that, it will ask if you want to open it, select "Yes". Now the hacked firmware details will be on the screen. Click tools>direct drive flash>differential flash (PATCH). Make sure your hitachi is selected, then click "Read Drive and Detect Differences". The white box should start filling up with info. Once that's done, click "Start Flashing" and after a few seconds (or when the blue bar is full), it'll be done and you can shut down. Congratulations! Your hitachi is now flashed with ixtreme 1.2!
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by CoFree »

there are people that flash with that guide.
i do it the other way.It cost so money but crap it easy.
"FIGHTING TYRANNY in a TECHNOLOGICAL NOTTINGHAM"
No Questions by PM.
darrenp76
Bandit
Bandit

Post by darrenp76 »

Cool. I'll order the stuff then. Thanks, Cofree!

Return to “Beginners”