Lite-on and ix 1.51

Post Iprep 101 things here.
staningrimsby
Bandit
Bandit

Lite-on and ix 1.51

Post by staningrimsby »

Guys,

Please excuse my ignorance but i am new to this, i have done a lot of 360 drive fw updates on all possible drives,

last night i failed to upgrade my Benq using the modification disk it just seemed to hang after reading the banks and got no further, so i tried i-prep 8.8 did the same routine dben the fben etc and all went well, no probs :D

Was going to upgrade my lite-on so thought i would do the same thing and start from scratch but i cant seem to extract the key using the probe, am i correct in assuming that i-prep will not work upgrading from 1.5 to 1.51 ???
dalecheesy
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Re: Lite-on and ix 1.51

Post by dalecheesy »

Yeah there's a problem with ipreps dosflash and the new Liteon 1.51. You can either use jungle for the whole process or use jungle to build the firmware and iprep to finish it off with the flit command. If you have already got ixtreme on the liteon theres no need to use the probe in jungle as it builds it for you. If you have a Via card and decide to use jungleflasher for the whole process have a read of this and it should work. viewtopic.php?f=63&t=4351&start=0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
staningrimsby
Bandit
Bandit

Post by staningrimsby »

Thanx for the prompt response, i have a VIA card in my system and have never had a probs but everytime I use jungleflasher something seems to go wrong, i have had it lock up after erasing then had to use cofrees vid 2 sort it out. (cheers for that by the way CoFree).

Last night my Benq died at the point of write verification and i had to restore then use iprep to get it going again,

Once bitten, twice shy, 3rd time scared witless :lol:
dalecheesy
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by dalecheesy »

lol. If you remove the Via drivers and instal portio as per the above thread it should be plain sailing. If you are still wary just build the firmware with jungle and save it, then rename it litcfw.bin, copy it over to the iprep backup/1234567/12345 folder and finish it off with the flit command and you're good to go.

Theres a jungleflasher .pdf available here if it's any good to you: viewtopic.php?f=197&t=4356" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
staningrimsby
Bandit
Bandit

Post by staningrimsby »

I already have the portio drivers installed do i need to remove them and re-installl then do you think ???
dalecheesy
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by dalecheesy »

Wouldn't hurt i suppose but there's no need specifically unless they are a newer version. The important bit is to remove the system 32 viamraid.sys as it's this which causes the jungleflasher to lock up and lots of people have reported success after previously locking up by deleting it.
staningrimsby
Bandit
Bandit

Post by staningrimsby »

Thanx for that, im off on a shopping spree in Leeds now and will give it a go when i get back. :D
dalecheesy
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by dalecheesy »

Happy shopping mate and if it's succesful will you post your results in the above thread because it could help people in deciding on whether to use jungle or not. Cheers
staningrimsby
Bandit
Bandit

Post by staningrimsby »

not a problem will let u no the verdict 2moz.
staningrimsby
Bandit
Bandit

Post by staningrimsby »

SUCCESS :D

followed your advice and re-named viamraid.sys to .bak then floowed this link http://www.robinhoodsplayground.com/for ... 195&t=4419" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

courtesy of RobinHooodsplayground.com, it took approx 5 mins to complete with a couple of nervous moments in between

but it worked first go and upgraded to 1.51, Tom Clancys HAWX here i come. :D
dalecheesy
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by dalecheesy »

Good work stan. Can you post your results in this thread : viewtopic.php?f=63&t=4351&start=0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; as the more input the better.
staningrimsby
Bandit
Bandit

Post by staningrimsby »

Just done the same routine on another Lite-on and it worked first go :D

Return to “IPreP”