Now im TOTALLY LOST! please help if you can!

The place for more technical questions about modding your Xbox 360!
zerocool420
Squire
Squire

Now im TOTALLY LOST! please help if you can!

Post by zerocool420 »

Well ever since this i-xtreme update, ive been having nothing but problems. i bricked to hitatchi's and though it was my fault, now im not so sure. I tried using JF to update 2 of my hitachi's and they bricked, so i started building firmare in jf and using toolbox to flash them. Wouldnt you know, it started not to work. It would pick up the drive, send mode b, but then when i would do anything ie: dump, restore original or flash, it would either tell me ram poke failed, or dump failed or buffer error and even that it couldnt communicate with drive make sure it was visable in windows. I could see it there and the list showed it, but it said it couldnt communicate. Now, every once and a while it would work, and i could get a dump or restore out of it. but more times then not, it just didnt work. When it restored, it would say the firmware was stock, i would plug the dive into the xbox, turn it on and it would load, put an original game in it and it would play, and then about a min later it would start turining its self on and off then give me an e64 error. So, got a new computer with vista, put in my card, redownloaded all new programs and tried again, exact same thing. I even went as far as to try a 3rd computer with xp and same. I tried iprep cause it use to work and now it doesnt either. I did a check on the card, and it says its working fine. I tried the trick to disable the drives and just use portIO and still nada. Im at WITS end at this point as ive been working this problem for 4 days straight everyday pretty much all day long. ANY suggestions? Sorry this post is so long but i just wanted to give as much info as i could to zero in on my problem, thanks a ton for any help guys!
technoe
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Re: Now im TOTALLY LOST! please help if you can!

Post by technoe »

Well E64 means no drive detected. Which is obvious given your situation. Are you using a VIA card? If so have you disabled the driver file in Windows/System32/viamraid.sys? (if not follow this post.) And your drives may still be salvageable. But I wouldn't try to reflash them until you can successfully flash a new drive. If you've done all of these steps and you're still having issues, just re-post and we'll do our best to help you out.
Today Money, Tomorrow the WORLD!!
zerocool420
Squire
Squire

Post by zerocool420 »

the card is a rosewill rc212 and its is via 6421. i did disable the drivers, but see when everything was working correctly with iprep and toolbox, the drives were in place. all this came about when i started trying to use the new jf to update hit's to the new 1.51. after that, nothing seemed to work anymore!!
technoe
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by technoe »

There's a drive pack to download for the new JF, I just can't seem to find the link right now.
Today Money, Tomorrow the WORLD!!
zerocool420
Squire
Squire

Post by zerocool420 »

well, im at the point of distress so i just ordered a new sata card just in case there is something wrong with mine. Im gonna reload a computer fresh with xp and try this all one more time. the card isnt gonna be here for a couple of day so im kinda in limbo but hopefully that this whole refresh will make things smooth again. if not, dont know where to go from there!! Also, i forgot to mention before, not only did the new jf 1.51 not work for me, even the old .43 did the same exact thing.
DirtySkunk
Bandit
Bandit

Post by DirtySkunk »

You get in on the firmware pack on xbins. (you can't flash Hitachi's without it, unless you already have the hit OFWs)
Extract all of the firmwares into your Jungleflasher/Firmware directory.

I have flashed 2 Hits with JF1.51 with no problems.

Hit79 - VIA 6421, No Drivers, Port I/O (flawless)
Hit47 - NForce 590 OB Sata, Win API (flawless)

You [probably] bricked your Hits (if you had to build your f/w in fwtoolbox, you [probably] set up JF and it's f/w wrong)

But...we have no idea due to your long, yet uninformative post.

Give more info
Write in single lines (not paragraphs)
When dealing with Hitachis, give the Revision# (i.e. 47, 78, 79)
You told us your VIA Card, but do you have OnBoard Sata, if so, whats the chipset.
Not all Hits will flash with a VIA Card in JF using Port I/O or Win Drivers
zerocool420
Squire
Squire

Post by zerocool420 »

Sorry, didnt know i was being uninformative. Im not sure what the chipset on the board is, never looked at it, i will though.
ive never used anything to flash hit's except my via card and fw toolbox before with no probs.
Dont know about Win API just used port IO.
The bricked drives are a 79 and 47.
The drive that is now actin up is a 59.
DirtySkunk
Bandit
Bandit

Post by DirtySkunk »

zerocool420 wrote: The drive that is now actin up is a 59.
If you're getting E64 sometimes, and other times it works fine, you have a worn out chip on your drive.
It will need to be replaced.
If you got the drive key, you can just replace it with a new one.
zerocool420
Squire
Squire

Post by zerocool420 »

other thank disabling the via drivers and using port IO, is there anything else special i should do to try to get JF working correctly? Im going to put my iprep stuff with my via card i have now in one computer to get it working and use another computer soley to flash Hit drives with, ill put the jf on there so there are no program conflicts and try that.
zerocool420
Squire
Squire

Post by zerocool420 »

ive gotten a new computer fresh with the latest xp on it.
i installed my new card: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... 6815124022
installed drives, disabled and removed viamraid.sys, enabled rebooted and had the !
installed portio32, installed fine, check properties said working properly
hooked up hit and started JF went to the hit tab
it found my ports but said no device connected
hit mode b and it said done and the drive acted like it was in mode b ie: have to push button twice to eject
waited a min and still not detected
tried both port io and win api and still nothing
if you hook up a samsung it will detect it so i thought my drive was bad, hooked up another hit and exact same thing
Tried toolbox and said it couldnt see drive either.

So what should i do now? Ive been fighting this for a week and i have 5 hit drives that need to be done for customers.
ive done everything ive read on this fourm and an any tutorial ive come accrost.
ive had the exact same problems on 3 differnt computers so i know its not the comp.
hopefully someone will chime in that has fought an issue like this.
This wouldnt be such a urgent issue if i hadnt gotten swamped with hit drives and never had a problem before with them.
THANK YOU ALL so much for all the excellent help ive recieved upto this point, i really appreciate it!!!!!!
zerocool420
Squire
Squire

Post by zerocool420 »

Well after woking on it some more, now im desperate. Im willing to pay some one in the central Indiana area $200 upon completion to get my systems up and running correctly. I will drive to you if you like or ill also pay your gas if you choose to drive! Please PM me for details if interested!
dustman1995
Bandit
Bandit

Post by dustman1995 »

Dude, having the same problem. Great post on the jungleflasher workaround Sadalius. I did everything you said. I have no doubt this works...but my hitachi 47 is invisible in the drive section. It will not be seen in the drop down, or my computer. But the weird thing is, in port properties jugle flasher sees it and puts it in mode B! I've been stumbling over this drive for days now scratching my head. Any suggestions? Oh yeah, this was used when I got it. It didn't even have the six long bolts in it when I cracked it open. :?:
Life is full of influences, It's your application that sets you apart.
DirtySkunk
Bandit
Bandit

Post by DirtySkunk »

dustman1995 wrote:...but my hitachi 47 is invisible in the drive section. It will not be seen in the drop down, or my computer. But the weird thing is, in port properties jugle flasher sees it and puts it in mode B!
It's not supposed to be visible in the drop down window when using Port I/O
After you get it into mode b
Select 46/47 under drive revision
Select CLASSIC transfer method
If the drive is not stock, select "Restore Firmware" and click "Restore to Stock"
If it is stock, select "Flash iXtreme" and click "Flash Hacked f/w"

BTW, please start your own thread next time. ;)

Return to “360 DVD Drive Flashing”