Help needed with IPrep (No Valid Key Found)

Post Iprep 101 things here.
BugginDave
Peasant
Peasant

Help needed with IPrep (No Valid Key Found)

Post by BugginDave »

So I've done the prepping and everything, went to dump the drive, and it read the banks fine. Then after it did that, it pops up with *** No valid key found in BACKUPS\1234567\12345\BenQ-OFW.bin ***

It also says at the bottom "Please check the key range of Backups\1234567\12345\BenQ-OFW.BIN" and "Key block not copied - ABORTING!!!"

So I took the flash drive and put the backups folder on the laptop, and after which I tried again. Same thing.

So I checked my firmware with Firmware toolbox, and for the key it gave me "01010101FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF" as the key. In midst of a panic, I download Keychecker and do the same thing but this time it gives me more of a hex key, kinda like "7-0F-D2-s blah blah blah". So my question is, where do I go from here and is this key I found in Keychecker my valid key?

Oh and this is a new replacement drive after my old BenQ drive went bad. Right now, I have the new drive hooked up and that is where this key came from. Am I supposed to back up the old drive or something first?

Thanks!
jace88
Peasant
Peasant

Re: Help needed with IPrep (No Valid Key Found)

Post by jace88 »

Yeah you will need the key from your old drive, then you should be able to flash that info into the new drive.
Please correct me if I am wrong.
BugginDave
Peasant
Peasant

Post by BugginDave »

Awesome! Thank you for your help! Flash succeeded! I tested it out and plays GTA just fine :twisted:

Thanks again!

-Dave
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by CoFree »

good job guys
"FIGHTING TYRANNY in a TECHNOLOGICAL NOTTINGHAM"
No Questions by PM.
jace88
Peasant
Peasant

Post by jace88 »

No problem, If it weren't for this group of guys on here I couldn't of helped out.

Return to “IPreP”